View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chloraform

re: Grooming Standards Uniform Suggestion

I have a suggestion. But first let me clarify that I have spent days looking at forum posts dating back to last year (as the newest member there are hundreds to look at). I have asked 3 or 4 times in game, which by the way is about the worst thing you can do. It is really rare to get anyone to respond to anything typed in Fleet Chat, FYI.

This is about the Fleet Uniform (TWOK Uniform). I did not find anyplace in the Official Fleet Documents or Membership Information that says anything about it and how to get it, or what colors you should have.

I do have the key for the uniform so I have it in my inventory now. However, my suggestion for the new Fleet members is to have a section added to the Official Member Documents or Fleet Documents that say something similar to this (Officers please edit as you see fit). DISCLAIMER: If this exists someplace please advise because again, I could not find it.

This will put everyone on the right page and make Grooming Standards Better.

---------------

The Official Fleet Uniform is the the Admiral Uniform from Star Trek The Wrath of Khan. This Uniform is only available via in game key. If you do not already have the key for this uniform contact your Commander and he will make arrangements for you to get it via a Private Message along with instructions on how to add it to your game.

The Official Uniform Colors

Engineering Officers: (what color here.. as in 1st row, 2nd block from left, etc)
Tactical Officers: (color here)
Science Officers: (color here)

Badge Color:
Insignia Color:
Collar Color:

Pant Type: Wrath of Khan Pants
Stripe Color:

Boot Type:

Etc, Etc.

There are about 20 options, and I suggest listing them all with what would be proper for the fleet.

-------------------------------------

My point is. I have asked in Fleet Chat a few times about this and nobody ever has a "real" answer. Yesterday I got (Please no offense meant) "I don't know, just pick what-ever looks right" and I really don't think that is a good Grooming Standard when everyone should look the same. Otherwise we will all be the similar looking, but some will have faded uniforms and some will have bright ones. Because what looks good or close to the right color on my monitor is not what you see. Plus hardly anyone ever responds to fleet chat. I have sent private messages in game via /tell to several of the Fleet Officers and have gotten no response.

I have posted in the forums and nobody really gives all the information either.

Please, I am not complaining or whining or even QQ'ing about this. I am merely offering a suggestion for an addition to the Member Documents that will answer the question once and for all for the new members.

Thank you for your time.

(this line was added as and edit after the fact)

Please comment on this post !
Deputy Commander Turner

re: The Wrath of Fortin Uniform Standard.

Forum Image

May I start by saying that your Avatar scares me in a pleasurable way.

The Wrath of Fortin Uniform Standard.

Yes, Fleet Chat is poorly used because we have Vent, and Vent is easier.

Thus far, Myself, FA Fortin, but mostly Mister Lang have taken members to the Clothier In-game and on Vent to help with the Uniform. There are to many colors etc to explain it all in a post, plus, this is a social game and it is more fun to do this in person. So, if you see us in vent, just ask, we will be glad to go shopping with you!

The short of it is, Burgandy for Engineering, Blue for Science, Gold for Tactical, WOK Pants black with matching stripe, Black combat boots, White Color and eppilate (sp) WOK Insignia and Badge, Black Belt, Gold Buckle. We are trying to match the Kirk, Spock, and Bones colors.
The Admirals may be a shade darker.

Forum Image
Forum Image
Chloraform

re: Avatar...

I was asked once a long time ago by a guild member of mine why I picked that avatar. My answer is a simple one.

That is a reflection of the thoughts I combat with in my head.

Actually as a child I was scared to death of clowns. I hated them with a passion. So much so that I nearly burned our house down when I set a fire to my bozo the clown foam frisbee I received as a gift from an extended family member.

I learned later in life to face my fears head on and charge at them full speed and never, ever look back. And for that reason I must thank my late father. Who is responsible for making me the accomplished man I am today, and making me understand to live life fully, un-regrettably and beyond expectations you must stand up face to face with your fears, challenge them, take all opportunities available, driving forward with full force and precision to crush them beneath you, forever leaving them to succumb to their defeat.

I suppose that is what will make me a great attorney. Among all my other life's accomplishments. <grins>

[/b]
Chloraform

re: Re: The Wrath of Fortin Uniform Standard.

--Qoute--

So, if you see us in vent, just ask, we will be glad to go shopping with you!

The short of it is, Burgandy for Engineering, Blue for Science, Gold for Tactical, WOK Pants black with matching stripe, Black combat boots, White Color and eppilate (sp) WOK Insignia and Badge, Black Belt, Gold Buckle. We are trying to match the Kirk, Spock, and Bones colors.
The Admirals may be a shade darker.

--End Quote--

That is an acceptable answer. However, may I suggest that it be added to the Fleet Documentation for the sake of clarification?

Something to the effect of.

In regards to the Fleet Grooming Standard, the Official Fleet Dress Uniform is [insert designation here] which is available via key only. The key will be provided to the members via an Officer of the 7th Fleet (perhaps a Logistics or Supply Officer) with approval from Fleet Executive Officers. Once the key has been successfully added to your profile you will be required to attend a Uniform Grooming Ceremony where you will be given the opportunity to correctly set up and configure your 7th Fleet Dress Uniform and instructed on when to wear your uniforms. Contact your Commander for more details.

I think that would clear it up. And again, I hope I am not stepping out of line.

Shrug
Deputy Commander Turner

Forum Image

That is a great idea and as soon as final decisions are made, I suppose we will do that. But we just had another well thought out suggestion for the Official Fleet Uniform, which is as follows >>>

"I wanted to request that the fleet consider modifying the uniform standard to the following:

TWOK Jacket remains red for all officers, regardless of division (this would be in keeping with 'canon' Star Trek - the jacket was always red, regardless of division.

The turtleneck and matching rank braids would be changed to the appropriate color for each division - i.e. gold for engineering, blue for science, red for tactical and green for the marines.

Fleet leadership would utilize white turtlenecks to signify leadership status."

We will put this up to a vote soon with pictures.
FiGiN

The all-red with different division color "accents" is more similar to how they did it in later movies.

Pre-pictures I can see how either style would be cool. Is it possible to have a "duty" uniform and a "dress" uniform? I honestly haven't checked on the feasibility of having multiple ones but thought it could be cool if the "dress" was red with accents and the "duty" was by division color (like we have now).

//FiGiN

I like the colored shirt look from the original series. Like we are doing it now. I don't mind a little creative twist on the classic theme with the WOK Uniform. But I also like it entirely Black. So . . . anyway,

Currently, you have 2 slots for a uniform. We are using one slot for a fleet official uniform and the other as what ever you want to wear when not at a fleet event slot.

I hope they will add more slots later, I want a closet for my wardrobe.
It sucks I could not save some of the uniforms I have already done.
J. St. Peter

Deputy Commander Turner wrote:
I hope they will add more slots later, I want a closet for my wardrobe.
It sucks I could not save some of the uniforms I have already done.

YES!!

I agree with the previous suggestion you mentioned earlier:
Quote:
"I wanted to request that the fleet consider modifying the uniform standard to the following:

TWOK Jacket remains red for all officers, regardless of division (this would be in keeping with 'canon' Star Trek - the jacket was always red, regardless of division.

The turtleneck and matching rank braids would be changed to the appropriate color for each division - i.e. gold for engineering, blue for science, red for tactical and green for the marines.

Fleet leadership would utilize white turtlenecks to signify leadership status."

With all due respect, the original series colors are awesome, but not really with the TWOK uniforms. I'd love to go to the full red with the division colors; it would look more like a Starfleet uniform, and less like...well...random, honestly.

Anyway, I was almost scared I was the only one with this idea. Thanks for posting that, Adm. Turner.

Black could be cool too... envy

Ezreq Blodvaerd

As the Admiral noted, the 7th Fleet uniform standard is in place. It uses a color code based on officer profession, and white collar and sholder adornment, with one exception.

The 7th Marine Division looks like this:

Forum Image

indeed, i as well like the canon style with the colored turtlenecks, love that orange engineer collar!

Jump to: