This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Task Force 81 (TF-81) MACO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RampantArc

re: Special Task Force Committee

Forum Image

I'm looking for voluenteers that have eather completed or are looking to complete the special taskforce missions to create a walkthrough guide for later run throughs as well as asisting "green groups".

Aurgurson's, Lang's, Hanson's and my, well i don't actually think that my name comes up but i have led successful cure and infected missions, names come up constantly when planing is going on. I think it would be handy to have our expreience as well as the experience of anyone else who has gone through these (and sorry if i missed you).

this was how i think we would do it. have a map with numbered locations on it like so:

Forum Image

and have directions on it like so:

"A tact officer at position 2 destroys the node at position 4 when the patrol moving from position 5 to 6 is on there way back to position 6. the idea behind this is to agro the drones bound to the node at 4 with out agroing the group on 3 and the patrol group 5/6. the tac officer then pulls back into the corridor (7) where they are supported by the rest of the team who is at 1 hiding behind a cover sheild that the engineer dropped down"

if you'd like to help; PM me or place a post here. Doing this will most likely mean doing multiple run throughs anyway, so it doesn't matter if your inexperienced, but you will have to be willing to take notes.

Things that Skippy can't do

#77: The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them “You don’t need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for.”
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

The thought of attempting to do this makes me want to take a nap.

Awarded:

my only issue with this Mr Kelly is that often times tactics must change due to the composition of the team involved. The last infected runs I've been on have not worked the way others have in the past, I am not sure if it was due to team composition or not, but a general layout stating "this room contains XX borg consisting of x drones, x medical, x infected drones, and x tactical with nodes located at locations a and B" might be more useful

Just my two cents for what it's worth

I see your point Cleo, but every playthrough i've done has been with tacs and engineers. no medics. So we did it the hardest possable way. if thats the case the tactics we used would be effective with most configurations, and if not, its only ment to be a guide.

Locations and enemy force concentration would be part of guide, especially since in the cure the dis nodes are a bitch to find.

and Mr Shackleford, if your not going to be constructive; ones forcing you to show up.

but no you have a point, I expect it will be very draining, so thats why I'll be the one editing and finalzing the guide. considering my up coming time study time table i expect it will take a while.

#77: The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them “You don’t need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for.”
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

RampantArc wrote:
and Mr Shackleford, if your not going to be constructive; ones forcing you to show up.

My apologies for the smart ass comment, Mr. Kelly. Fact of the matter is I would love to be able to help you, I just don't see myself being able to commit the playtime to mapping out infected you would need. I think I've about assumed the maximum amount of responsibility I can reasonably maintain.

Nonetheless, when you have the notes you need and map screenshots, if you would like the Art Department to work on it, let me know.

I know, i was trying to do my whole pesudo offended thing that i do but... i mean this is the issue with typing stuff in forums.

no offense was taken, i'm just fucking around. and i'll remeber that when it comes time for the final copy

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Task Force 81 (TF-81) MACO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: