Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Task Force 78 (TF-78) Tactical Response Team
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: TF 78 Sound Off!

The Fleet Wargames have been announced (see here for details.)

I'd like to see us muster a full force and spank TFs 72/88. TF 78 Command Staff and all members should meet prior to then (ideally in Vent and in-game on someone's ship) to discuss strategy.

Excellent! I say we meet at least a couple of times a week until then. How about the first meeting be this coming Tuesday around 8 PM EST.

Awarded:

Arbiter standing by! Tuesday should be a go for me and I am definitely looking forward to it. Cheers!

I'll try to make it on Tuesday!
FLTCAPT Savar

I am going to have to push tonight's PVP activity to 9 PM EST... the wife hurt her back and I am trying to get it all sorted out. I don't think I will make it by 8.

Thanks for understanding guys

Awarded:

Erm, we've got an EVE thing going tonight, starting at 8:30 EST. Sorry to hear about your wife's back. Hope it gets better soon.

Perhaps this evening would be a good time to get together and practice some more PvP... maybe 8 or 9 EST??

Awarded:

If I'm around, I'd be up for it. Will have to see how this evening goes.

Awarded:

I should be jocked up an ready to roll! See you tonight.

Awarded:

Commodore Scott, Capt Savar, Capt Ardell and myself should be exceedingly proud of our performance Friday and Saturday nights. We faced 3 to 5 odds Friday night to win 2 of 3 matches Friday night against TF72/88.

We fought 3 to 9 odds and then 4 to 10 odds Saturday night against TF80, with close matches each time. As the military axiom goes, "quantity has a certain quality all of its own," and so it was. We fought extremely well, gents.

Very well said Mr Prett. I was extremely proud of the way we carried the fight to the other TFs.

And a word of warning for the other TFs.... next time you won't find us so easy to beat ;p

Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

CAPT Savar wrote:
Very well said Mr Prett. I was extremely proud of the way we carried the fight to the other TFs.

And a word of warning for the other TFs.... next time you won't find us so easy to beat ;p

I don't think anyone said beating you all was 'easy.'

I thoroughly enjoyed listening in on both channels during the finals, it was quite something to listen to the 78th initiate certain tactics and then listen to the result of those tactics in the 80th's channel.

Considering the gear and pvp inexperience of the 72nd, I'm surprised our matches were so close.

Of all the TF's, I think the 78th's performance was the most impressive, despite the final results. Being able to hold your own against forces double or triple your size is no easy task - even when those enemies aren't as well geared as your squad might be. I am not trying to harp on how much gear made a difference in our own matches - while it certainly does; the teamwork and effective use of guerilla tactics by the 78th played a bigger role in your matches than any other factor.

I may look at reworking how these matches are scored as a result of this first go-round. These are 'efficiency' wargames, and I think that if we were to look at kill ratios or some other statistics, that you guys were probably the most 'efficient' of anyone. But, part of what I wanted to see here was which TF leaders could most effectively rally their soldiers to the call, and in that respect, Mr. Talbot and Mr. Augurson have to be commended.

In any case, your performance during the operation was certainly something to behold.

Jump to: