View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: The Mirror Unvierse: FeedBack

Ok. I decided to make a new Rp story to pull a little more activity on the Rp front of the Fleet.
I've read RA Lang's Undisputed Border,
http://www.fleet7.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4569730&gid=84053
but as of late no one has been posting.

I liked the idea of Rp forum posts co-existing with in-game Rp elements. So I came up with this idea to get a little more immersive into the ST universe.

For this Rp thread there is a condition. In the main thread where my first post is will be a split shot of my character and his mirror self. IF you participate, I would ask that you also take one of whatever character you decide to put in the posts(please only one character, whether main or alt, but just one). Doesnt matter the uniform, Fleet, MACO, Off-Duty, Ambassador, whatever, as long as we can cleary see the universe difference Happy. Please post that pic here in this thread.

Now for the in-game Rp element. When you do the split screen, you use any empty costume slot, whether 4th or one you bought, and actually create the mirror you. In-game flip costumes every while and Rp in that role,just like in RA Lang's border patrol. If your in your regular costume Rp as him , if your the Mirror you, Rp as him, almost as if hes another character that you can use. The idea is to flip it up a little in-game. Then post about what you did or what happened. When you post you must post BOTH sides, a mirror and a regular. Even though you were only one "you", creating both sides is what will be the fun part. Be creative, both sides can intertwine through your posts, or they can be totally seprate stories, but once again BOTH sides need to be posted.. as technically they are both you :P.

Please seperate the stories no matter how long or short with ******* that between them and which side of the story is on which side like
mirror
original
or vice verse so we know which of your characters to visualize

Now, for those of you who do not wish or want to partake in the in-game RP that is perfectly find, but I still ask that you post the split shot of the character you are going to use in your posts with their mirror self. When you post, the rule still stands.. you must post BOTH sides of the story. Once again, they can be intertwined or not but both sides must be posted.

Two last notes: ANY and ALL pictures are awesome and please post as many or as few as you want to help illustrate your story. Remember the more pictures, the more visual images the reader gets, the more engrossing your story becomes, but remember a forum page is only so long so please keep them to the small, news, or medium, format, and only use the medium if what you want to portray, thats important to your story, can not be seen or viewed on the smaller sizes.
Last note: Please respect fellow member posts. If they post you into their story, like directly talkin to you or are looking for a response, PLEASE do not shrug them off and continue to post away, I know sometimes its hard to respond and the timing is off, but please be timely in an answer. It will just make everything run smoothly and make it a much better, coherent read(we really need to start getting the Rp stories into books *Seed Ark #1 best seller in fleet store* would be a nice post to see hehe) Also on the flip side, if you want to post someone into your line of story, and you read their post, and they are way the heck on the other side of the galaxy or something similar, PLEASE do not magically warp them to your side so you can put them in your story. If need be PM the person and ask about combinig story elements or what not and work that way, thus making the story(s) that much better.

I hope this new Rp story brings a bit more Rp element into your game(if you so wish), brings a little more forum activity to the site, allows all members both old and new to show their creative side, and lets both potential recruits, and anyone who just visits the site, see how awesome this fleet is !!!!

I will hopefull post the first post on Sun. or Mon of the coming week, and then it will be open for everyone!

Last edited by Anton Mercer on 08/02/10 9:09; edited 1 time in total

Hell yeah! I'm all for this!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

this is a /bump for ppl who want to participate

Awarded:

I'm bumping this cause i know the fleet was looking for a new rp for the ugc and thats y i created this one cause not only could it be a fleet rp it can be an individual one as well. so please go right ahead and post into the main thread whic is linked above its not a personal thread though if you feel u want ur own personal thread then by all means do so, but instead of placing the split image of ur captains here do it as ur first post just like i did in the main thread and use this thread for ur feedback somments Happy enjoy

Awarded:

rebooted this story cause i actually wanted to finish it to the end please comment in this thread and comments u want to make Happy

Jump to: