View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

re: Wargames Winner's and Discussion Thread

Well I stepped back from looking at this thread for a few days to prevent myself from getting heated (I felt like I did some with my last post) and offending everyone.

First off I would like everyone to consider the 1 fact. I retired from the wargames. What this means is that I hope the fleet as a whole will listen to my reasoning on the subject and know that it's without bias or trying to give myself an edge. (Thanks Mercer for your kind words)

I would also like to somewhat apologize. I'm the bastard that introduced the Tech build into the fleet before all the credit starts going to G for it. When I come across the next big thing I usually hold onto it long enough to test and then when I really want to test it I whisper it to G in game. Then my secrets leak to my 2 personal minions I took under my wing when they joined, Evildead and Ryo.

This is how I know truly how powerful the Tech build is. The mighty North Carolina herself stands no chance against it and the only build that ever beat it was my Akira, which was a stalemate until some good phaser procs knocking shields offline. The build even sent Shack into a rage my PvP skills never have done before.

So I started to share the great find with the likes of the vets, aka Shack, Hau, and whoever else was on those few nights. Then it was decided by myself, G, and I think Hau (probably few more) that it would be a build that would be shared with anyone in the fleet who was active in vent and asked for assistance. Sort of a reward for those vent users.

So then I posted the U.S.S. Carolina, my tech build, to the forums to further spread the wealth along with all my other builds. This was to help the fleet as a whole to access builds I find optimal and counter the threat of the Tech build that I unleashed on the poor 7th Fleet.

So I'm sorry for that can of worms.

Now I just want to highlight my suggestions which I believe most of you agree with. Those being the 2 main issues at hand.

---Allow any builds. After all you M'Fers tried forever to ban me to shuttles and never did, so no need to punish people who enjoy their OP builds.

---Continue to make the strongest PvP players the team Captains. It keeps the talent spread and they should know what talent to pick to further keep the balance. Also they should have the sense to spread out their selection of branches if they want a solid team. They should also have the respect not to try and just load their team full of DPS Tacs. If more then 4 "experts" show up, then you better hope you get first pick.

---Re-established rolling dice for order of the pick. This gives all Team Captains the ability at a fair shot of getting first pick. I do not like this "Seniority determines pick" What sense does it make to let the more senior "experts" end up with first chance at picking all the time? It don't.

---Don't punish people who can not show up at start time. Example: If G shows up 9 minutes late, simply after round selections are done the highest rank or next PvP "expert" places him on the team that would benefit the most in making the teams balanced as a whole. This way he plays, and balance of round selection is not disturbed. If you just "drop" him into the pick cycle after all people are picked, it still has potential of giving the team with that current pick an un-fair advantage not allowing the other teams a fair shot at picking up a key player that obviously would of been chosen 1st round.

.......or if enough show up late to make for another round, then have the Captains re-roll the dice for fair chance at first pick again.

Those are my highlighted suggestions and I think most of you would like it. I of course would be happy to iron out any details. As long as the wargames fall on weekends I don't work night shift I plan to always attend for support and help with what I can.

Thanks

Awarded:

I sure am enjoying this thread:)
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

Ganos Lal wrote:
Take your pick, I can power build anything I fly, so am i not able to participate anymore because everything i fly is OP.

This would never happen G, so please calm down and check that ego at the door. I never got banned and retired of free will. I tried retiring before the last one I played in and Augerson preached about how I shouldn't because he felt my performances drove people to make themselves better. I did it for something that meant more to me then my love for PvP in STO however.

I strongly feel you are taking all this too personal based on your responses and I can assure that no one here is this thread is trying to make it that way toward you. After all the secret PMing me and you have done in the past over PvP I think I know you well enough. Can you blame those 3 Battle E guys for wanting that 4th? No, and we all know that the past games was completely unbalanced for reasons already beaten. Y'all might consider the ones I was in that way, but to be honest there were several times I was worried about not winning.

I just ask you to look at my last post and I think you would agree. I just seek balance and fun for all. Some people will take the "ass beatings" as a negative thing and not bother showing to anymore fleet PvP. Not everyone takes it as a lesson or drive to be better. Everyone in the fleet truly appreciates what you do helping others in their builds and making them stronger, but this ultimately will not make things balanced. I especially appreciate you, since I see you share almost everything I discovered and shared with you.

I don't know that I have any suggestions to give on the format of the Wargames. Instead, I thought I'd simply give an overview of my experiences during the past two instances. I don't know if this will help anyone, but I thought it might show some of the newer fleet members what can be gained from the event.

I joined the Fleet on June 03, 2013 and the first wargames I participated was roughly 3 days later. G had spent some time unscrewing my ship up and teaching me the basics of tac team, DOffs, etc but I was still very much new and clueless. I ended up on Huck's team because at the end of the selection process I was the only person left. I don't think I was the sole person on our team to die, but 90% of our deaths were probably me. The biggest thing I learned in the first few matches was how to effectively get my Steamrunner to run like hell. Somehow by the final round I was also making a contribution to the team effort, as small as it might have been. I loved every second of it...it felt like I was dead more than not, but I learned from my mistakes and came out a better player by the end. Our team won, so I might not have had the same amount of enjoyment at the end if we hadn't but I enjoyed myself throughout the matches both when we were up and down.

The experience I had with my first participation in the Wargames had me looking forward to our most recent one. I had spent the last few months farming marks, Dilithium, accolades, and credits to make my ship better. I spent many a late night picking Ganos Lal's brain, as well as many others, and sent pm's back and forth with Huck. I've fought in challenge maps with everyone I could talk into going and I've done the best I can to not be the "weak link" that I was in my first Wargames. I enjoyed this wargames as much as I did the last and will continue to try and improve my piloting skills and ship setup.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Fleet Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: