View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryomou Busujima

re: My absence and why

So I have been a little absent from IG and the forums. I am sorry for that. I have have started the long and slow process of trying to start a Gaming bar/lounge. I would like any advice from the fleet. 

Here is the question, if there was a place in your area that was a Video Game bar, what would you like it to offer? 

If you go to lan centers and cyber cafes in your area, what do they do right, wrong? 

Any advice, comments, or anything would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time, and I hope you have had some good holiday's. Long live the Lucky 7th. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men & women stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Author Unkown

Edward Hau

comfy chairs, alcohol, food

noise canceling headphones?

Gaming booths with high backs for 3-5 people; head phones are a must, unless you make into individual sound proof rooms.  Keep the food choices to simple finger foods, but high quality.  Would lean much more to a cafe'/coffee bar than one that serves alcohol (10x headache factor).  I digress:

1) Size of facility?

2) Who are you tailoring the facility too?  (College, young professionals, teens, family, old farts who are also gamers?)

3) Local Zoning

4) Parking, plus location, location, location

5) Assume no income for first 9 months.

There is lots more, and I can be a real downer, but wanted to give you some basic food for thought.  If you ever have the opportunity to break the bondage of wage-slavery, go for it.  Just remember, there are those that want you to fail, for they themselves can NEVER hope to climb out of the crab pot of life. 

Added:  My son in Japan tells me there are a lot over there, but they are all over the place in size/scale/investment. 

"Find a need and fill it." - Ruth Peale (wife of Rev. Normal Vincent Peale)

Last edited by Wupteedo on 01/07/14 17:00; edited 2 times in total

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Ryomou Busujima

all great suggestions thank you. 

I want this to be an experience for all geeks, nerds, fangirls and fanboys. We are a community that is neglected. We need a place that caters to us as a  whole, not just a collection of passionate people.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men & women stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Author Unkown

HunterAP

Where are you setting this up?

I want to do this in my home state of Ca, near Blizz Ent would be the dream local.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Beyond the Galaxy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: