Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Group 7 Galactic [G7G]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Hau

re: Org Alliance

Did anyone else receive an invite from a Xplor organization? I got a PM from them saying that they saw our groups main focus is transport and sent me an invite to join them as an affiliate. They say they have over a thousand members, but if we could set up as an allied fleet and do ops with them, might be doable. 

If so, i can start contacting them to see what they're all about to maybe set up an alliance.  Or if not we can discuss something together and we can check em out and see if we like em.

I got one as well. It could be legit...or it could be mass inviting...

Edward Hau

it definitely is mass inviting, but after checking them out a little bit, they might be legit enough to check it out.  I've already sent a PM back saying we'd discuss possibly opening a dialog.  I even downloaded teamspeak(cringe) to possibly talk to someone.

Yep I got it as well.  I was like Davis, I just wrote it off as a mass invite and declined it.  I never even read it.

I got one as well.  Nice write up on their part.  Searching for souls in the vastness of the 'verse. 

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

COMO Sapel
Science - Commodore

Awarded:

Also received invite as an Underdog, expolrers....so spamming multiple groups. Awaiting 7th intelligence department review before touching them :)

Awarded:

Apparently mass ORG invites has become an issue. RSI is on it, I believe they are going to limit the number of invites an ORG can send in a day/weeks time. 

Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

I think all that have joined the G7G got one.  I think the bigger question is - do we really want to take orders from some bigger organization, or do we want to be independent and do our own thing?  If we join this group, will we be taking orders from the parent organization?  Would we want that? I'm not sure.  I think we've done well as a group in STO on our own.  But this game is a different bird.  When we die we start over.  Some of us have lifetime insurance, but that just gets our ship back - the character has to start over (at least from what I've read).  This might be something to consider.  But, the gain in security will come at a cost of our autonomy and freedom to do as we please.

This group is wanting to become a mega group, which can have benefits, but, also will want to take something in return.  My question is - what is this cost and is it one we would want to pay?

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Edward Hau

I'm working to figure that out now, they have a basic rundown of how they plan to do ops with command hierarchy and sharing the lootz.  But i'm going to try and talk to them more about it, going to see how big they plan to be and how/if we'd work with them as a big monster fleet.  Since they reached out to us to be the ones possibly not doing the fighting stuff (i.e. hauling, mining, "dirty work")  i want to see what they truly want from us and have in mind for us.  I know how the big group dynamic works, and how easy it is to get lost in it too as an individual and as a small group.  They seem to have a structure that might be hard to get lost in if they don't get too big and/or actually stick with it.  I also hope to get more info on that command structure to see what/how they plan to implement it.

I think we pretty much know what we want to do in the game, and we know what we have to bring to the table and i think i explained to them that as best as i could, so i'll wait to see what they would have in mind for us.

Jump to: