View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

re: Destiny

Anyone else going to be playing this?  I got to play the open beta this past weekend and I loved it.  It was originally something I was going to ignore.  It has the flavor of Mass Effect and Borderlands having a threesome with an MMO in HD.  Defiantly something to look at if you like FPS but tired of the way most are made.

I'll be playing it on Xbox One (I know I'm like the only one that plays consoles here, but I like it).  Anyone else going to be playing on that platform, I'd be more then happy to share my gamertag and the clan info me and my buddy made.

Awarded:

Yeah ill be playing it but for ps4. I nearly have the special destiny bundle with the white ps4 paid off

Sweet. At least you get all the exclusive content.  I almost got a PS4 this generation, but I loved my 360 and the Xbox controllers so I stuck with the brand.  I was going to get limited edition but GameStop said they didn't have anymore unless you got online so I just stuck with standard edition for preorder.

Awarded:

yeah since i work for gamestop i got to see those for like 10 seconds before they were sold out to pre order lol this game looks amazing.. cant believe its gonna be a ten year game!

I have been keeping close tabs on Destiny but alas, weddings are expensive. It might be almost a year before I can touch it.

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

I patiently await the day when $500 is the standard box price for a video game

Awarded:

sparrow794 wrote:

I patiently await the day when $500 is the standard box price for a video game

It going to cost nearly that much for the upgrades in my system to play Star Citizen.  I can't see paying that much for just a the game alone. Ouch.

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

I prefer console gaming over computers for the very reason you mentioned JT.  I paid, best guess from memory, around $300 for the Xbox 360 when I got out of Basic and MP school in 2007.  I got 7 years out of that (not including the time it had already been out and that fact it still has life).  Before that it was a PS2, which from memory last around that time, maybe little less.  Me and my wife dished out around $1200-$1400 for her brother (he's our own personal JT /gaming guru ) to build our computer with top end stuff (not best of the best, but really good stuff).  It's been 3 years and even now the newer games are defaulting to Medium settings.  So  I opted out of Star Citizen because I didn't see the value of upgrading my computer to play 1 game, maybe 2-3 more depending on anything releasing I would find enjoyable.

My dad was always a PC game, so I grew up on PC.  He gave up upgrading in favor of buying a system that will last longer without the need to upgrade.

Does PC own consoles in every way technical? Hell yea.......if you can afford to keep it that way.  Even the best PC games still ask for $60 up front.  I find the ones that are F2P out the gate lack-luster.  Even the MMOs are starting to find their way to console.  In fact I just read that Neverwinter is coming to console.  Even Chris Roberts has flirted the idea of porting over Star Citizen to console.

I'll pay $300-$500 any day for a systems that are known to last for 7+ years.  Might it change with this generation? Maybe, but I'll take the chance since it's always been the better value to me and has always provided a more enjoyable gaming experience with it's games and the comfort of my couch.

That's my 2 cents and rant.  I'm sure someone amongst you PC gaming elitist will tell me how I feel is wrong and how consoles are the devil.

I thought chris roberts said fuckyouconsolescumyourcrapwillnevergetmysweetassgamecuzconsoleswillalwayssuck... right? he doesn't want to dumb the game down one bit to compromise for more customers.

Consoles have their place for sure, some games you just cant play on PCs...

I only play fighting games or platforms on em, i still got the consoles, but only when dirt cheap because my money is better spent on PC upgrades 

Awarded:

I bought the base of my current system in 2007 - an AM2+ board for $77, which will run AM3 processors with most of the other MB parts, for a total of about $500.  I've bought 3 Video Card upgrades, raised my System Memory from 4 to 8GB and went from Quad to 6 cores in upgrades, each costing between $50 to $80.

My problem now is system memory.  I'm at 8GB and can't go higher without spending way too much.  Time to upgrade.  It should come in below $300 by September - for MB, Memory, and Video Card.

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

To each their own as they say. 

Back on top though.  Did you see Mercer where in order to do "raids" it will take 6 people, but it has to be friends? They are not doing match making for it like the 3-man strike missions.  So looks like me and my buddy either need to recruit 4 more friends or go find them.

As Commander Shepard would say; "Why not both?" 

Good and valid points on both sides, but it still comes down to apples v. oranges on game preferences. 

(Whoops, me bad, 7th Fleet, insert Playboy v. Penthouse in cross-out)

Still playing STO on an old laptop, and when Tech son gets back from Japan at Thanksgiving, he will build me "super-duper" Gaming PC for under $2k so I can play Star Citizen.  For now, all I can do is drool at the Fan made videos.  However, last month I bought a new (but old) Xbox 360 with Kinetic for $190 at local Walmart.  My old Xbox still works fine, so I figure I have about 5 to 7 more years playing Xbox games on the side.  I'm one of those Gamers that will go back a couple of years later and completely re-play the game, but with a different style (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Borderlands, Fallout).  I just found my box of old PC games (1995-2009) and can't wait to see if I can fire them up again.  Just finished running Mech Commander, and hoping to get Uprising and Star Siege running again.  It's like re-reading your favorite book.  However, we are forgetting the most important thing when it comes to gaming?  (See Below)

http://www.catnapper.com/category/camo-recliner

Cheers

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Yeah i saw that too huck im glad i got it on the PS4 cause half of my co-workers are getting it on the ps4 as well so I should be fine with that :) this game just looks amazing im so pissed i missed the beta though

Anton Mercer wrote:

Yeah i saw that too huck im glad i got it on the PS4 cause half of my co-workers are getting it on the ps4 as well so I should be fine with that :) this game just looks amazing im so pissed i missed the beta though

You lucky dog.  You won't be disappointed.  Like I said I was going to ignore the game (didn't care for the Halo games too much) and the beta sold me instantly.

Jump to: