View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Would you like to see this as a new fleet uniform?
Yes, bring on the new!
81%
 81%  [ 26 ]
No, I like the current fleet uniform better.
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Yes, but more RP! (Admirals have Red Command color, not branch)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 32

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

re: Poll: Fleet Uniform

JC Addams wrote:

So, you could say the uniform would be the standard, required of all fleet members since it's free, and the variant would be required of all captains and above (and allowed by all) to show the dedication to the fleet since it would require the dilithium and fleet credits to purchase? It would still show uniformity while setting a higher overall standard to achieve... Just thinking it might work, knowing the admirals like the WOK uniforms, so it seems it might just fit the 7th fleet overall.

Pretty much.  Back when the TWoK was the uniform, you were allowed to wear a Jupiter variant if you bout those uniforms.  It gave members an option on which to wear something different, but styled the same.  So it's a mix of what you just said and that.

Awarded:

The only problem is that Romulans STILL cannot wear this uniform, but may only purchase it for their bridge officers (I'll assume Starfleet BOs only for sanity's sake) which still kinda alienates the Rom Faction Mains in the fleet. With the new change would we want to re-look at at least having a Rom Standard Fleet uniform that can be worn?

I think alienates is a strong word for it. After all, Romulan characters are still considered part of Romulan Republic, not Starfleet.  Just allies with perks allowed to operate with their ally faction fleets.  

I think it would be good for there to be a standard uniform for the Rommies in fleet. Not necessarily one to match in color scheme to Starfleet's, just a basic Romulan Republic design with same colors as other fleet Rommies to look uniformed.

Personally, I liked the uniforms we had before. It combined the red standard color from the motion pictures with the new style of DS9. But these choices look good too!

xlxMAVERICxlx wrote:

new style of DS9

I wouldn't call a 30+ year old uniform the new style

I've never been too fond of the red jacket.  It just doesn't look good with red and blue class colors on it, especially the red.  Looks great with the gold and white the admirals love.  But I can understand members being nostalgic for the reason you said.  I just like looking the part of 2410 and matching the rest of Starfleet, which it appears from the poll most others do as well.  I like the immersion of it.

Awarded:

I am taking this off the front page, as a general decision has been reached the flag staff.  Once the new uniforms have been approved by the remainder of Command at the staff meeting, the final format will be announced.  Feel free to add any commentary over the next week.

Anton Mercer wrote:

The only problem is that Romulans STILL cannot wear this uniform, but may only purchase it for their bridge officers (I'll assume Starfleet BOs only for sanity's sake) which still kinda alienates the Rom Faction Mains in the fleet. With the new change would we want to re-look at at least having a Rom Standard Fleet uniform that can be worn?

As two of my major toons are Romulan, I don't see this as a problem.   We are not in Starfleet, but allies to Starfleet/Federation.  In the current RW, officers/crew from other allied Navies, on temporary assignment to the USN, do not put on U.S. Navy uniforms. 

Also, don't want to "re-look" at having a "standard" Fleet uniform for Romulans.  Giving the options/colors available, there are just too many choices, especially if you factor in the Reman uniforms.   Just leave the Romulans and our capes alone. 

Cheers

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Wupteedo wrote:
Anton Mercer wrote:

As two of my major toons are Romulan, I don't see this as a problem.   We are not in Starfleet, but allies to Starfleet/Federation.  In the current RW, officers/crew from other allied Navies, on temporary assignment to the USN, do not put on U.S. Navy uniforms. 

Also, don't want to "re-look" at having a "standard" Fleet uniform for Romulans.  Giving the options/colors available, there are just too many choices, especially if you factor in the Reman uniforms.   Just leave the Romulans and our capes alone. 

Cheers

Well, you're both wrong.  But you're also both right.

Romulans and Remans cannot wear the Starfleet uniform, it is true.  So they are locked out of the official fleet uniform option.  However, at certain gatherings, we still wish to present a united front, and the fleet has had an approved Romulan uniform since the release of Legacy of Romulus.  

If you play a Romulan or Reman character, we strongly urge you to setup the above uniform in one of your costume slots.  You can still wear all your romulan capes and whatnot, but when attending fleet-sponsored events on a Romulan toon we have the expectation that this is what you will wear.

I still liked my idea for a Romulan uniform better

Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

wait .. we actually had a uniform for the Romulans? Woah.. that totally slipped my radar I was totally unaware.

Awarded:

I am going to try to come up with something very close to this for Romulans. I will post when I get done. I will use same colors.

We already have a standard fleet uniform for Romulans and it was linked earlier in this thread. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Flash Traffic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: