View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: War in EVE

Anton Mercer wrote:
Capt pRett wrote:

I've said it before and will continue to say it: EVE is a game that rewards people that pay attention, learn and aren't mouth-breathing "pubbies." and dont alt tab during missions

You forgot that part

That kinda falls under the "paying attention" part.

I've heard MANY big things about EVE. I've always wanted to try it out for myself but only played as much as the trial would let me. I hope I'm able to get the funds to get it regularly.

Awarded:

"Bloodbath" in B-R5RB: Devblog article

That article does a pretty decent job of explaining some of the terms and mechanics, though it does get a few details here and there wrong (though nothing of major consequence). This is quite possibly the most expensive PvP battle in the history of MMOs.

EDIT: for the tl;dr crowd:

Totals destroyed:

·         Titans – 75 (74 in system, one on its way to the fight) N3/PL lost 59 titans and CFC/DTF lost 16 titans

·         Titan losses by type: Gallente Erebus – 37, Amarr Avatar – 25, Minmatar Ragnarok – 13, Caldari Leviathan - 0

·         Supercarriers – 13 (12 in system, one as it tried to escape the system)

·         Dreadnaughts – 370 (356 in system, 14 in connected skirmishes as both sides attempted to stop the other from bringing reinforcements)

·         Carriers – 123 (109 in system, 14 in connected skirmishes as both sides attempted to stop the other from bringing reinforcements)

·         And lots more smaller ships and probably a bajilion drones and fighters

In comparison, the previous record for largest single battle Titan losses was a tie between battles in “O2O” and “Uemon”, with 12 total Titans destroyed in each.

Approximately 775 doomsdays were fired, which is about 24% of all the doomsdays fired in the last two years inclusive. The Battle for HED-GP, which preceeded this one in the Halloween War, had about 200 doomsdays.

The Economic Impact

11 TRILLION ISK.

According to some PLEX conversions that could equate to approximately $300,000-$330,000 USD.

Awarded:

So, it seems I can't have nice things. I wasn't AFK, I just made a couple bad choices that led to me being caught by their camp. Ah, well, pixels down the drain.

Bye bye, Tengu.

Awarded:

Funny how a week can make a difference. While the loss of my Tengu wasn't exactly a life-changer, it still stung the virtual wallet a bit.

This week, we caught an interceptor (which aren't generally easy to catch), and the corp-mate who looted the wreck exclaimed excitedly in comms, "There's a few billion ISK worth of stuff in this wreck!"

Turns out he was right.

I could lose 28 more Tengus and still not lose as much as that guy did in that ship.

Awarded:

Capt pRett wrote:

Funny how a week can make a difference. While the loss of my Tengu wasn't exactly a life-changer, it still stung the virtual wallet a bit.

This week, we caught an interceptor (which aren't generally easy to catch), and the corp-mate who looted the wreck exclaimed excitedly in comms, "There's a few billion ISK worth of stuff in this wreck!"

Turns out he was right.

I could lose 28 more Tengus and still not lose as much as that guy did in that ship.

I'm blinded at how much isk that is... holy...

Awarded:

He obviously wasn't expecting to get caught, which isn't surprising, as they made Interceptors very mobile. They are immune to warp bubbles, align very fast, get into warp fast and have a high warp speed. About the only way to catch them is to have someone on gate with a very high scan res that can essentially insta-lock them.

Was wandering a book store today and ran across an EvE Online Source book, interesting glance.

Capt. Vashaar
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Long live the Caldari State!

Awarded:

Hey, I'm space famous! The author's a former corp-mate, so he contacted me for info.

http://themittani.com/news/alod-13b-isk-interceptor-going-nowhere-fast

Awarded:

You lost what...to what!?

Awarded:

The Great Wildlands is a large region able to reasonably house a lot of different corporations and alliances. When we first moved here it was for this reason. There were a few entities around our size but most of them have long been forgotten. Only one was a consistent enemy to the Legion. Only one consistently contested us in the region. They were called Hashashian Cartel.

Tensions have risen between ourselves and HASH as they constantly campaign for the region to not much effect. Accusations of foul play litter both sides and local chat often shows the hatred they feel for us. Tensions have risen during their latest campaign to the tipping point mostly around one infamous moon. The R64 in SUR.

This moon originally belonged to HASH and the lengths they went to to defend it bordered on exploitation of game mechanics. We eventually claimed it for the legion after clearing all 230 guns it had in various stages of operation. This was the last moon HASH held in the region and having no ties they left to faction warfare. Not before calling NC. down on the tower with furious vengeance. Then came Pheobe. We all know the story how HASH reinforced the tower only to have us come and take it, then after they successfully killed it Textan ninja dropped a new one straight away. Imagine being a part of that alliance, imagine having this historical asset be so close yet so far from reach.

So we still owned the moon despite HASH throwing caps around since the patch in a haphazard attempt at showing force. They reinforced it every night until the timer last night. Now that Pheobe has landed we remain out of reach for most large entities and using capitals has become a safer decision. With HASH throwing everything on the line giving us their cap capable numbers time and again the Legion stood up and formed a fleet to end it once and for all. So the time was set, the battlefield was prepped and we knew HASH were going to contest the timer.

Textan FC'd our flagship sub cap fleet: Dung Beetle and had caps on standby for the inevitable HASH showing. Ebola would be in support with a shiled fleet to rep the POS shields. What showed up though was beyond what could be expected for HASH. They called everyone and outnumbered us significantly. Navy apocs blotted out the sun with dreads and carriers mixed in. We had two carriers repping the shields and an early mistake saw us take our first losses. A few T3's, and what this legionnaire thought would be the end of our contest. There was no way we could contest the sheer numbers and DPS of all those faction battleships, and the enemy carrier reps were making sure we weren't going blow for blow. With us losing reps due to the pos shield Textan called for us to move into the shields. POS guns were manned and Textan enacted his plan. The pos guns were used to clear the field of all bubbles and cyno inhibitors, then the subcap fleet was warped to another tower and realigned to the battlefield. An exit cyno saved the two carriers but caused me to burn out my prop mod with split attention.

Dreads jump dreads jump. We were warping to a perch above the tower and the glory of our dread fleet appeared below. This is where the tireless theorycrafting of the war department bore fruit as tracking dreads tore through the apocs one after another. The losses were too much for HASH and although they were taking out a few of our dreads they attempted to disengage the sub caps and it was a race to tackle what we could. With the sub caps off field we started to chew through their caps. HASH brought in more and more dreads only to get tackled and killed. Again we were losing caps ourselves but it appeared they were losing them faster and we held the subcap field. HASH disengaged what caps they could and the dreads still in siege became apparent. Those pilots who had bravely lost their ships for the legion quickly reformed into warthog and were brought into system. At this stage with two HASH dreads still tackled they brought in Ishtars to attempt a rescue. It was a valiant attempt losing them yet more subcaps to no losses from us and it would appear the battle was won. With two more dreads to kill and then the field to loot.

Explosions ripped apart and the new capital wrecks split and drifted into separate sections. The field was ours and we went about getting more reps into the shields for a re stront of the tower. Ebola brought in a carrier to help rep and we were able to get the tower out of immediate danger. Some of the people HASH had called into help them had called INIT. Their usual trick of bringing over 100 pilots to a fight half that size netted them the Ebola carrier and another timer for the tower.

We went back once INIT left to prepare the tower for another day.

This fight is the largest Senex has ever had as a single entity. Rest assured those caps we lost are already being replaced at the cost of the legion and with great pleasure and pride that the money we make from these towers is able to provide such exciting content. This was one of the largest capital battles since the patch and you are all part of making history for Senex. Going forward we have options that no longer involve worrying about PL and NC.

Those that lost your ships get reimbursement, replace, rebuild and replenish. Get ready as this looks like it is a sign of things to come. We will continue to fiercely contest anyone who tries to take assets from Senex and we will continue to fight the big fights.

The battle reports are conflicting though ours seems to be the most accurate showing 32 billion in losses to 50 billion in kills. Killboard battle report

EVE is very impressive.  I would be interested to see those who are very dedicated to Star Citizen respond to the game dynamics in EVE.  How do the games compare?  I have heard of both, but played neither. It would just be interesting to compare the two games as a thought experiment.  Although putting time in STO, now seems to take all my time for gaming.  Anyway, again, EVE looks impressive.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: