Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Group 7 Galactic [G7G]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fleet Admiral E. Fortin
Tactical - Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

re: Generic Title

OK, before I get the Flamethrower of Gratification cast upon me I thought the video was done very well. All were done with in game assets Enjoy!  

Last edited by Fleet Admiral E. Fortin on 12/20/14 13:49; edited 5 times in total

Awarded:

That would have been a decent video, except the music was crap and you cant actually play the game.

Awarded:

sparrow794 wrote:

That would have been a decent video, except the music was crap and you cant actually play the game.

Should have known you would launch the first attack with the Flamethrower of Gratification. You WIN! 

sparrow794 wrote:

haha maybe if they stopped wasting time on videos and commercials to sell things, the game might get done for him to play.

P.S.: You started it with the "suck it EVE" so I have no remorse for wise cracks toward you on this thread lol  Oh and I do like the Mustang

Awarded:

Sorry, I can't see the videos over my actual playable game of EVE and its beautiful visuals.

Awarded:

Capt pRett wrote:

Sorry, I can't see the videos over my actual playable game of EVE and its beautiful visuals.

Ha ha, Merry Christmas sir...

Awarded:

Don't get me wrong, because I am actually excited about Star Citizen.  It's an easy target to make fun of, just because of how its being handled.  I had no problem making fun of Runaz for spending $500 on lockbox keys for STO, either.  I also think Star Citizen sets some dangerous precedents in an industry that is already fleecing its consumer base.  Video games have become big business, and the developers of games are going to take advantage of players up until the point that players push back - and no one is pushing back.  Or, at the very least, the Runaz's of the gaming world who are willing to part with extraordinarily large sums of cash can overwhelm the majority opinion by virtue the weight those expenditures play in the development process.  One person willing to spend that kind of money can nullify the reasonable expectations everyone else might have.

In any case, I am excited about it, and seeing guys like Fortin or Augerson show their enthusiasm adds to my own.  But I'm not just excited for Star Citizen, and I think we are seeing a new golden age of space sims on the horizon.  There are several exciting titles being developed right now that look fantastic, each for their own unique reason.  Take a look at the following, if you haven't already:

Enemy Starfighter is attractive because of its Oculus Rift integration and Eve-like interface with the ability to command AI ships in your squadron.

No Man's Sky is innovative in respect to the procedurally generated aspect of the game, coupled with an intelligent exploitation of those gamers who fit themselves into the Exploration quadrant of the Bartle Quotient.

Limit Theory is the one I'm following the most, just because I appreciate the graphical style.  It's main strength, however, is the UI depth.  There are a lot of great ideas in the way the HUD is being developed in this title.

And of course, there is Star Citizen, whose primary strength is the desire to take full advantage of the power of the PC.  That is also something to look forward to, as most games nowadays are developed in conjunction with a console release.  So those of us that game on PC's end up getting a watered down version of a title that also has to be able to run on an X-box or Playstation.  Not a lot of games are developed solely for a PC, and even fewer are designed to push the limits of what PC hardware is capable of.  It will be the title that gets me to go out and buy a new top of the line rig, because the one I have just won't do it justice.

And, of course, there is always Eve, which is fantastic for it's own reasons, but a little tougher to get yourself involved in because it's an older title with a well developed sense of who runs the universe and who just gets to try and survive in it.  And while it's a good game, it's kind of in a different category; there is no cockpit style fighting where you would feel the need for a joystick.  It's technically still a sci-fi sim, but not necessarily a flight sim, so comparing the two doesn't really make sense to me.

Anyway, there's plenty to look forward to.  But I can promise I won't be listening to fucking dubstep while playing any of them.

Shack for President 2015.....after we impeach Obama

Awarded:

Huckabee40 wrote:

Sorry, Huck, but it doesn't work that way.  You know, order of succession and all.  

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

FCPT JT Kerry wrote:
Huckabee40 wrote:

Sorry, Huck, but it doesn't work that way.  You know, order of succession and all.  

Well I left out the whole civil rebellion plan that puts Shack there......can't reveal the plan ya know......it's secret.

Jump to: