View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: Omega Particle Minigame Guide

Just a quick guide for those of you who have not gotten into the 5th anniversary minigame, or have but not quite getting it.

First off you do the particle minigame for two reasons: First to get the Qmendations to get the Kobali ship. Second each game (whether you fully complete it or get cut off, as long as you score some points) earns you a different color particle which can be used to craft and Omega Technology. This technology is basically a Superior Tech Upgrade on steroids. It gives double the experience, can be applied to anything to upgrade regardless of what it is(minus kits & kit modules) and costs no Dilithium. 

Now how do you get the Omega Tech, you say? Well... it's a rather involved process. The Omega Particles that appear in the Social Zones come in three colors: Red, Blue, or Yellow

Depending on which color you are at, that is the color you are most likely going to get. I say most likely because if you score high enough you have an increased chance of getting an Omega Sliver (not Silver haha just realized) which is the next step in the "crafting" process. I also have a video of me doing the minigame for review. I've only ever been able to get 2,500, but have seen and heard people say that you can, in fact, score higher. 

There is a set, but random each time, pattern that the molecules follow, it allows you to catch each one in turn, and it is MUCH easier to use the mouse for this minigame, unless your just that good with your arrow keys. You just need to watch where each is coming next and move the particle "catcher" to the correct line. As long as the collector is there before the particle fully crosses the end line (barring any lag) it should collect the particle and earn points. For now, I do know that the points increase like the other games but I do not know if they increase in increments or if it increases everytime you destroy a particle a little more research is needed. The easiest way to get around the different social zones is to grab a mission that is close to the system you want to go to. Some even have missions that go directly to it like "Spin the Wheel" for Drozana. Then you just spend the credit cost to transwarp to the start point and BAM, you're there without a lot of effort.

Now.. to get to the Omega Tech. In the Science R&D School, there are 4 new projects you can do. Craft Omega Sliver, Omega Shard, Omega Fragment, and Omega Tech. The Sliver requires one of each color to craft. The Shard requires 3 Slivers(3 sets of colors). The Fragment requires 3 Slivers(9 sets of colors), and finally the Tech requires 3 Fragments(27 total sets of colors). G did the math and I confirmed it, in that you need 27 sets of colored particles, or 81 total particles, to make a SINGLE Omega Tech. So that's a lot of particles. Now that all the math is out of the way, each social zone has a different color associated to it and I want to keep a list of zones if poeple want to farm, and can't find a lag free place to farm. As far as I know, to colors are set in stone for the social zones 'cept for major hubs like ESD(in which I saw both Red and Blue)

Zone:

ESD (space/ground): varied(personal experience)

K7 (space/ground): Yellow

Wolf 359 (space): Blue

Drozana (space/ground): DNK

Starbase 39 (space/ground): Red

Bajor (space/ground): Red

Vulcan (space/ground): Yellow

EDIT: All social zones are random in color changing each day it seems.

Thanks for reading and I hope this helps with anyone who is looking to farm or do the minigame! Please post any info or social zone color here and I'll add it to the list!

Last edited by Anton Mercer on 02/04/15 12:04; edited 3 times in total

Awarded:

Very informative, thanks for your time and effort on the post Mr Mercer.

Awarded:

And, I haven't checked this completely, but the locations I've been to seem to match this list I found at https://ufplanets.com/showthread.php?48866-Omega-Particle-Colour-Locations:

(Note: I'm not sure that this is a complete list, and it has been changed up occasionally, but I've seen these colors in these areas more often than not.  I put a Color smiley next to the ones I've gone to more than a few times in the colors I've found there.)

RED
Earth Space Dock - 
Qo'nos -
Deep Space Nine -
Defera
New Romulus
Vlugta Asteroid Field -
Bajor -
Starfleet Academy -
Klingon Academy -

YELLOW
Drozana -
Deep Space K-7 (Sherman System) -
Starbase 39

BLUE
Vulcan -
Wolf 359 -
Andoria -
Ganalda

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Guides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: