Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> 7th Imperial Tactical Squadron
View previous topic :: View next topic  
COMO Sapel
Science - Commodore

Awarded:

re: Romulan Sci ship.

So I find myself in the position to buy a Hanom Fleet ship for 4 fleet mods (already have).

I am lv 56 Rom KDF toon and am wondering should I struggle thru the T6 ships (I bought that are painfully not Science) or should I drop the flee Modules?

Running with crew conn team recharge time tact team and buff reduced purple x 2, warp core improve emg power x1 and 2x warp theory disable subsystem with energy syphon.

Not sure how to move forward with this mess. Advise Most welcome :)

Cheers,

Kurak / T'Rex

T'Rex, you don't walk alone in this.  I have had the same problem with my Romulan Science officer as well.  As a Romulan, I want the extra abilities granted by the Singularity Cores, but it seems the Cryptic dropped the ball for science officers.  I thought a Romulan Temporal Science ship (85 million ECs) would be the answer, it was not.  It lacked a Singularity core and the ability to cloak.  Me bad for not doing my homework and and assuming these ships would come with main Romulan features.   Let me go look over my stable and see what I'm doing now; too many toons to track these days.  (Will edit later today or tonight)

Cheers

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

As the Commodore pointed out, the Romulans got the short end of the stick on science vessels. You can use the Fed or KDF science ships, but if you want the singularity powers, then the Ha'nom is your best option. The hull is weak, but it has the strongest shields of any Romulan ship. With the CDR and LCDR science slots on the bridge stations, you can keep your shields healed as needed. But if an enemy gets to your hull, you are in trouble. However, the universal Kobali console from the anniversary ship will heal that up nicely and will potentiate a hazard emitter hull heal.

If you are unsure, I suggest that you purchase a Mirror Ha'nom from the exchange and see if you like it. They run about 175K EC currently. Marcie had a fleet Ha'nom and loved it, but each player is different. As an alternative, you may wish to consider the Science Destroyer. It is a hybrid science ship, but it also has the singularity powers.

That's my .02.

Knightnblu wrote:

As the Commodore pointed out, the Romulans got the short end of the stick on science vessels. You can use the Fed or KDF science ships, but if you want the singularity powers, then the Ha'nom is your best option. The hull is weak, but it has the strongest shields of any Romulan ship. With the CDR and LCDR science slots on the bridge stations, you can keep your shields healed as needed. But if an enemy gets to your hull, you are in trouble. However, the universal Kobali console from the anniversary ship will heal that up nicely and will potentiate a hazard emitter hull heal.

If you are unsure, I suggest that you purchase a Mirror Ha'nom from the exchange and see if you like it. They run about 175K EC currently. Marcie had a fleet Ha'nom and loved it, but each player is different. As an alternative, you may wish to consider the Science Destroyer. It is a hybrid science ship, but it also has the singularity powers.

That's my .02.

+++1

Point on.  Pretty much what I was going to tell you, once I verified my research.  I flew issued "Ha'nom" during my leveling phase.  It was a fine ship, but I just didn't like the look of it -- flying owl or Mortha, imho. 

Knightblue, excellent post. 

Romulan Science ship options:

Fleet Ha'nom  =  5 science consoles, Science BOFFs are CDR, LCDR.  Big plus is 1.43 shield modifier

Fleet T'varo     = 4 science consoles, Science BOFF is LT with LCDR Universal BOFF.  Plus "Red Ball of Plasma Death" Torpedo

Tulver Dreadnought Warbird  =  5 science consoles, Science BOFF is LT with LCDR Universal BOFF.  Enhanced shielding

Dyson Science Destroyer  =  4 science consoles, Science BOFFs are CDR, LT.  Extra forward Cannon in tactical mode. 

Temporal Science Ship  =  5 science consoles, Science BOFFs are CDR, LT.  Specialty consoles, but not able to cloak nor a singularity core.

Breen Sarr Carrier (T6)*  = 4 science consoles, Science BOFFs are CDR, LT, with LT Universal BOFF.  Very Rare Carrier pets make a big difference.

(Climbs up on digital soapbox)  Hey Cryptic, if you are going to call a ship a science ship, then give it at least one science Commander BOFF!

* I have seven of these ships; very happy with the performance across the board on all my toons. 

Cheers

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

+1 for the T'Varo recommendation

I hadn't considered that ship as a science ship, but you are spot on, sir. A grav well or a tractor beam and that destabilized plasma, not a pretty picture. No sir, not pretty at all. I was going to use that ship as a torpedo boat, but now I think that it will be perfect for my Romulan Sci toon.

Awarded:

If I was to buy a Science ship the Caprimul Class Dyson Surveillance Science Destroyer would be one to consider:

It gives you the highest hull rating, when you upgrade it to the T5-U, of the Dyson ships.  It allows you to run Tactical functions when needed plus 2 weapons (one off the deflector and the other is the dual heavy cannons with built in rapid fire), giving you a total of 5 forward weapons.  You also get the battle cloak and all the singularity abilities  Your Science Commander and Tactical Lt. Commander switch in tactical mode, and the Universal LT means you can toy with the position until you get the Config you want. And, you get a 5th science device slot and when you complete the Ship Mastery, after upgrading, you get an additional Engineering device slot for a total of 11 device slots.  Of all the Dyson ships available to Romulans, this is one to consider.

The Dyson ships are pretty much the same between factions.  The Klingons have more hull strength.

Hope this helps.

JT

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Capt. Vashaar
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Having played Romulan science since they came out, I recommend the Fleet Ha'nom hands down for a straight science vessel. The Tulwar version of the Scimitar is good also. I no longer use science ships though. I choose to fly Command Deihu science variant. It offers me the good turn rate, hangar bay, and 8 weapon slots. As currently configured, I have over 80k hull strength. I have gone to more of a captain that flys more of an Eng or Tac ship, that has the benefit of my science abilities. I have over 20 ships as a Romulan, and only fly the Faeht Intel warbird, or the Deihu.

Jump to: