View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you be up for European time zone friendly events?
Yes - I'm in Europe
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Yes - but I'm outside Europe
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
I'm happy the way things are
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Something for the Future, Perhaps...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Captain Moonlight
Tactical - Captain

re: Calling All Europeans !

I am now a member of the 7th Fleet. I like this fleet, the lads are sound and banter is great.

On top of that the site here - ribbon award system, ship patch designs, forum, Ventrillo usage, ettiquette and the work that goes in enhances my gaming experience 200% - and as long as this is going (all good things - and all that) i will take part. BUT

I am starting to get bags under my eyes. the planetary dispersion and time diference is epic.

there was a suggestion made in 2013 for a european friendly set of events to get together for. this didn't really take off then. I dont know how many european fleet members we have at present so before I make any formal suggestion of a breakaway action set in a friendly time frame 19:00 - 21:00 (GMT) i would like to gauge how many would be interested.

This is not calling for a seperate fleet - or flotilla, more like something akin to something I served in - a NATO operation called Operation Active Endeavor. Allied ships detached (on loan) to take care of business on while the main surface fleet operated as normal.

it would make it possible for members to be slightly more active without becoming antisocial at home.

This would not detract me from taking part where I can - but for me it would further enhance the game.

Feedback?

Captain Moonlight.

Last edited by Captain Moonlight on 05/15/15 10:10; edited 2 times in total
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

I would be down for a once-a-month, Saturday Afternoon (EST), European OPS event.  Suggest you add a poll to your post above and see what kind of response you get. 

Traditionally as we enter the Summer Season in North America, the kids comes out of school and holidays start up, folks tend to play less, so as a fleet we scale back operations/events.  Usually, we take July off (liberty call) as a Fleet and still manage to have good times as a group on Risa (STO Summer event).  Surf's up, Dude.

Qapla'

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

We've had these in the past, usually on saturday afternoons

If it's on my Saturdays off, I'd love you to.  Nights just ain't too much any option anymore.  Only reason I could never go to any in the past was due to, like 98% with all events, it falls on a weekend I work.

Jump to: