Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Wargames And Risa, June 2015

Last edited by sparrow794 on 07/07/15 22:58; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Although my work schedule for the week of the wargames hasn't been posted yet, I have yet to have a Friday off. So, I'll likely not make them this time.

Fleet Wargames this weekend!  Prep your ships and double-check your Boff and Doff set-ups.  Fleet Engineers are standing by to help you with your ship.   For it is written:  "Chance favors the prepared."

7th I.T.S. Members - I would like to have a KDF Battle Group for these games.  Please let me know what night you can attend; PM is fine. 

Fleet Umpire:  If there is going to be some ground PvP action for these games, may I suggest "melee only" night.  Nothing makes our blood howl like striping down, not using any "tech," and just using our melee weapons and skill in honorable combat.   The 7th I.T.S. members really enjoy this style of fighting. 

Let the good times roll!

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

davisjm0311

Anyone that wants help setting up a ship, advice, a friendly PvP match, or anything else I can help you with to prepare for the Wargames this weekend...I'm in vent every evening. 

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Yep, definitely working both nights; may the fights be glorious!

Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

I'm not going to be able to make the Fleet Wargames.  Wife booked up the weekend, and considering the time I had last weekend.  Have fun guys.

JT

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Bump

Wargames tonight!

Qapla'

Baldwin Praji
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Night 1 Ground Champions:

Baldwin

Anton Mercer

Sephira (Ganoslal)

Lang

Shackelford

Nice job team!  I heard that there were a lot of first time victors in this group!  (Me included)

Awarded:

Night 2 Space Champions 

Anton Mercer

Ganos lol

Shackleford

Link

Van Wormer

Very nice and even matches! One of the better fought wargames. Fun times had by all!

Awarded:

Congrats to all the Winners!!!!!

Good times, indeed.  IMHO, Science Ships ruled the battlefield, and Engineer (Tanking) Ships proved their endurance. 

Lessons Learned:   It's one thing to fight in the wargames, but part of the reason we do this is to learn as well.  What can we or "I" do better next time; what can we do to improve our ships?  What did we learn last night?  I'm asking the participants just to post an item or two about what they thought was really good or a very valuable lesson learned from last night.  Even better, post about your favorite glorious moment in last night's battle royal. 

1)  Would like to know if my Mk14(Blue) Cloaked Tractor Beam Mines had any real effect? 

2)  I just upgraded to Elite Swarmer Pets (32K Dilithium each).  I know they are easiest of the Carrier Pets to destroy (Beam "Fire at Will), but wanted to know if they were effective in combat. 

In the heat of battle, all I'm really doing is pushing buttons, tracking "called out" targets, and trying to survive.   You really don't get to see the battle, due to the "fog of war."  It would be certainly nice if we could record to watch again and again. 

Favorite Moment:  I think it was in the second round, and Captain Shackleford was heavily damage and pulling of combat to recover.  He got close enough to me; less than 10K, where I could throw a Gravity Well 1 at him as he passed me.  I turned my ship about, sent my Swarmers after him, and watched him caught in the GW.  The good part was I had the "aftershock" space Doff on, thus a second GW was created and he was sucked into that one.  Funny watching ships be pulled backward then sideways.  I think someone else came in and got the kill, none the less, a brief, happy moment in time.  You blew up gloriously, Sir.

Annoying Moments:  I don't know the Federation ships that well, but Captain Mercer's ship was a tanking beast.  Myself and several others where just pouring on the weapons fire, plus my swarmers, and he just moved around the battlefield like it was just a stroll in the park.  I don't think we took his shields below 50%.   Second annoying thing; Energy Drain builds (evil eye to Capt Ganoslal). 

Question:  What is the best defense or offense against a "Energy Drain" ship? 

Lesson Learned:  In ground combat games, we should try equalize the Engineers between the teams, then fill with the rest with random players. 

Qapla'

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

Congrats to all.

In the future I plan to do a Wargame type event with No bridge officer abilities, No reputation abilities and No traits.  Just the Captain, his class abilities (i.e. Attack Pattern Alpha, Miracle worker, etc.), and the weapons.  Still deciding on whether to cap gear at Mk XII or go unlimited.  It will be a huge honor system to relay on, but I think it can be done.

^^^ That's my answer to beating specific builds, of any type, Wuptee. To make it a more simple game of piloting and teamwork.  The casual players can compete with the hardcore players.  Won't be about making your ship builds better and improving them, but about making bare skills better.

Even the TRIAL got some kills in.

Awarded:

Congrats to all of the winners, especially to those that have earned the coveted "Battle E, Final Award." Huck, I will provide feedback on your event proposal in its own thread.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: