Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Solutions and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

re: AT&T Uverse modem

Sir, apparently next week, we will be getting the At&T Uverse as our Internet service and phone service; wife did it for work.  Anyway, like ComCast they want to rent us a modem at $10 per month.  This time, I would like to purchase a modem/router instead.  Any recommendations?  Both my local Wal-Mart/Best Buy can't keep them on the shelf, and I would like to have something a little better.  We only use the internet for a couple of PC's and one television.  We have a couple of those "other" devices, but hardy use them; stuck on 90's technology. 

I have been using NewEgg as my source for most computer related items.  Please advise. 

Qapla'

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Nimmoth
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: AT&T Uverse modem

well, there are two options. 1. get their modem and use your own router. 2. get your own modem/router - either 2 seperate devices or all-in-one(gateway) device.

if you just want a router and use a seperate modem, then i would reccomend this wireless router:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122612

i dont know if at&t uverse uses cable (docsis 3.0) or adsl or what..let me know and i will look up a modem and a gateway

-nimmoth

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Solutions and Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: