View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Armada Event and Bat'Leth Tournament, Sept. 2015

Last edited by sparrow794 on 11/02/15 1:28; edited 1 time in total

When I first started playing STO I had resisted joining a Fleet. The Fleet I did join (previous to my joining the 7th) was all about the grind, and little else. Even in other games where guilds systems are present I never had any interest. Well today's Armada Event has totally changed my outlook. While I never had any vision of what an ideal Fleet looked/acted like, I certainly have one now. The only negative (if you could even call it that) from tonight's event was that I didn't have a mic. Would have loved to chat with everyone

Thanks again,

SC

Sharpen your blades and your skills for this weekends Bat'leth Tournament! 

For many in both the 7th Fleet and 7th I.T.S. this is a favorite event.  If new to the Fleet, please try to join us for this event.  You will not be disappointed.  I'm hoping that down the pike, we can invite members of the our Armada as well. 

Rules of Engagement for Bat'leth and Hand-to-Hand Combat

Bat'leth Tournament:

a) Only Mk 1 Common Bat'leth allowed for tournament play.  If there is room in Fleet Banks, some with be provided.

b) Strip off your kits, armor, and shields; these are not allowed

c) No special traits/skills authorized; if in doubt, take them off your "action bar."

d) Race specific traits will be authorized, but not encourage; for instance, Bite or Pounce

e) This will be best two out of three matches determines the winner; three out of five for Championship. 

f) Interference from the audience will not be tolerated.  Psychic Attacks, Orbitable Strikes, thrown grenades, etc., are examples.  It might be fun for the offender, but not for the victim.  (Hate that I even have to include this, but history as shown there is always one that likes to throw a turd in the punch bowl)

g) Number of attendees will determine how the tournament is to be played; single elimination, double elimination, or ____CRS___________.

h) Once the tournament starts, it will move very fast, so please pay attention when you name is called.  There will be at least two "420" breaks during the tournament. 

i) For the group "Cage Fight," please only change to your favorite melee weapon; example, mk 1 common bat'leth to Mk 13 Tholian sword.  Leave the rest of your equipment off.  This battle is about skill, not technology. 

(Capt Baldwin or VADM Kor, if I forgot something, please add.)

####

Hand-to-Hand(Paw) Tournament:

a) Strip off your kits, armor, and shields

b) No special traits authorized; if in doubt, take them off your "action bar."

c) Race specific traits will be authorized, but not encourage; for instance, Pounce or Bite.

d) This will be best two out of three matches to determine winner; three out of five for Championship.

e) No interference from the audience.  This includes Psychic attacks, orbitable strikes, throwing grenades, etc., are examples. 

f) Number of attendees will determine how the tournament is to be played; single elimination, double elimination, or ____CRS__________.

g) Once things are moving, these tournaments tend to go very fast; pay attention to your name, and take your position near the stage.  Be on time.

h) We will have two five minute "420" breaks. 

i) For the group "Cage Fight," keep yourself stripped of all gear and special traits.  We will run as a PvP group match. 

(Capt Baldwin or VADM Kor, if I forgot something, please add.)

####

Query:  I am not sure if player level will affect the tournament, i.e., level 31 v. level 60.  Fleet experts, please advise.

####

Needed:  A volunteer who can actually call the matches (DJ) and a Umpire to keep good order.  Please pm me.

Note to all:  Compared to all the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby's I use to Judge, you all are a piece of Cellular Peptide Cake with mint frosting.

Rules subject to change based on tonight Staff Meeting.

Commodore Hawat Thu'fir, Tournament Master

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Ah, a bloody night indeed.  All the limbs were reattached and a few Fleet mates got a few days off due to head injuries, but nothing our medical personnel couldn't handle.  Glad I don't have to clean up the mess.  Several of our Ensigns got to see what the true 7th Fleet and 7th I.T.S. is like during this joint exercise under the watchful eye of FADM Fortain.   I was quite impressed with the fighting ability of our newest members.  Tonight's winner's earned their way through a highly competitive double-elimination tournament.  

First Place goes to VADM Kor

Second Place goes to Kor FCPT Jason

Third Place goes to COMO Thu'fir

Congrats to all that participated and look forward to seeing you for our Pit Fighter (hand to hand) competition on Saturday night, starting at 9 pm (EST). 

Now where did I put that ice pack?

Correction made.

Qapla'

Last edited by Wupteedo on 09/27/15 14:25; edited 1 time in total

VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Sorry I can't make it this weekend.

Congrats guys. 

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Tonight was a bone crusher.  Broken bones, dislocated shoulders and knees, broken noses, and many warriors walking a little stiffer in the morn.   The medics were certainly busy tonight.  Except for some minor technical difficulties the event went rather smoothly.  Highlights included Capt Cleo Mavendorf giving FADM Van Warner a excellent lesson on how to treat a lady and FADM Fortin showing our Bull Ensigns that though there may be snow on the roof, there is still fire in the furnace.  All in all, it was a good night.

The Pit Fighter Tournament winners are:

First Place  -  CDR Blake Rainer

Second Place - Fleet Admiral E. Fortin

Third Place - Ensign Will Phoenix

Congrats Gentlemen, you have done the Fleet Proud.

Qapla'

Last edited by Wupteedo on 09/27/15 14:23; edited 1 time in total

Jason32
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

VADM Kor took 1st place and I took 2nd in the Bat'leth.

Jason32 wrote:

VADM Kor took 1st place and I took 2nd in the Bat'leth.

Whoops, me bad.  You are correct, Sir.  That's what I get for keeping my Man Cave relatively dark. 

Qapla'

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Fleet Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: