View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAPT Preston
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: ANZ (Australian and New Zealand) Roll call

To my Australian and New Zealand fleet mates (and any South Pacific Islanders out there)

I'm interested to know how many of us there are in the fleet, so time for a roll call. List your name and ship below and lets see if we can't all start running ops together.

Commander Cabcrow, U.S.S Gallipoli

Ensign Mitchell. D. Ries, U.S.S. Kasane Teto

Last edited by CAPT Preston on 10/21/15 23:19; edited 1 time in total

The thunder from down under
FCPT. Mitchell. D. Ries
Tactical - Captain

Also I'm liking the name of your ship.

CAPT Preston
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Cheers mate, all my ships are named for battles in which the ANZACs or the Australian Army have fought in during the first and second world wars. This is actually the Gallipoli B, as the first was my old Miranda class

FCPT. Mitchell. D. Ries
Tactical - Captain

Mine is just named after a UTAU, Though her voice bank isn't as fine tuned as like the ones from VOLCALOID like Miku, it still sounds great, and her Bad Apple cover with Miku was nothing short of amazing.

Us crazy Aussies need to stick together
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

re: Re: ANZ (Australian and New Zealand) Roll call

CDR Cabcrow wrote:

To my Australian and New Zealand fleet mates (and any South Pacific Islanders out there)

I'm interested to know how many of us there are in the fleet, so time for a roll call. List your name and ship below and lets see if we can't all start running ops together.

Ens Ries -- Good name choice for your ship.  However, very few, especially Americans,  understand it significance, especially for folks from Australia, New Zealand, and India.  Can you find a internet posting from your neck of the world and post it here about Gallipoli.   I think most will find it interesting. 

Thank you,

Como Thu'fir, 7th I.T.S.

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

FCPT. Mitchell. D. Ries
Tactical - Captain

re: Re: ANZ (Australian and New Zealand) Roll call

Wupteedo wrote:
CDR Cabcrow wrote:

Ens Ries -- Good name choice for your ship.  However, very few, especially Americans,  understand it significance, especially for folks from Australia, New Zealand, and India.  Can you find a internet posting from your neck of the world and post it here about Gallipoli.   I think most will find it interesting. 

Thank you,

Como Thu'fir, 7th I.T.S.

Yeah sure

this is about Gallipoli http://www.gallipoli.gov.au/

ans this one is the wiki for Kasane Teto http://utau.wikia.com/wiki/Teto_Kasane

but honestly my ship name isn't as significance as Commander Cabcrow's ship name.  

if you want any more info about the program UTAU or VOLCALOID just ask me :)

VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

I have long been a student of military history and I am quite familiar with the battle. It was never memorialized like the charge of the Light Brigade, but it was just as tragic. Far too many good men died on that day. Although I am an American, I respect those men and honor them.

May they never be forgotten.

Knightnblu wrote:

I have long been a student of military history and I am quite familiar with the battle. It was never memorialized like the charge of the Light Brigade, but it was just as tragic. Far too many good men died on that day. Although I am an American, I respect those men and honor them.

well said sir.

CAPT Preston
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Knightnblu wrote:

Very well said sir. As a side note, the Gallipoli was a 9 month campaign that A: forged the Australian and New Zealand nations. (Though, as a native Queenslander, it must be said that the 9th Battalion, AIF was first ashore, suck it Blues) and B: was one of, if note the, first opposed beach landing in modern history, laying the groundwork for Normandy and Guadalcanal, to name a few, by learning from our mistakes. (for one, where possible, land where the enemy aren't. and if necessary to land where they are, to use adequate shelling form naval vessels as well as overwhelming force, in concert with adequate aerial recon)

(And while the ANZACs grew into bad ass fighting men, apparently the Australian Light horse Brigades became somewhat hard of hearing. Upon hearing they had to attack the town of Beersheba, the men went at it with great enthusiasm. After the battle, which everyone thought would be a close Allied defeat, as it was horsemen against well entrenched positions, the men were asked wy they attacked with such force. "Well, sir," one trooper answered, "the Captain said we were attacking the town of beers and sheilas." Shelias, if you don't know, is slang for women. proves one thing: we'll do anything for a cold beer and a girl)

FCPT. Mitchell. D. Ries
Tactical - Captain

CDR Cabcrow wrote:
Knightnblu wrote:

Very well said sir. As a side note, the Gallipoli was a 9 month campaign that A: forged the Australian and New Zealand nations. (Though, as a native Queenslander, it must be said that the 9th Battalion, AIF was first ashore, suck it Blues) and B: was one of, if note the, first opposed beach landing in modern history, laying the groundwork for Normandy and Guadalcanal, to name a few, by learning from our mistakes. (for one, where possible, land where the enemy aren't. and if necessary to land where they are, to use adequate shelling form naval vessels as well as overwhelming force, in concert with adequate aerial recon)

(And while the ANZACs grew into bad ass fighting men, apparently the Australian Light horse Brigades became somewhat hard of hearing. Upon hearing they had to attack the town of Beersheba, the men went at it with great enthusiasm. After the battle, which everyone thought would be a close Allied defeat, as it was horsemen against well entrenched positions, the men were asked why they attacked with such force. "Well, sir," one trooper answered, "the Captain said we were attacking the town of beers and sheilas." Shelias, if you don't know, is slang for women. proves one thing: we'll do anything for a cold beer and a girl)

As I said before, my ship name is no where near as significant as  Commander Cabcrow's ship name.

Though you could put Teto off as a Shelia, haha.

William O'Machaire

We Irish had our losses there also. I think around 6 thousand Irish joined up in Australian units at that time... I'm sure there were more serving elsewhere, the 10th division I think. It's definitely another under appreciated sacrifice at home.

CAPT Preston
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

William O'Machaire wrote:

We Irish had our losses there also. I think around 6 thousand Irish joined up in Australian units at that time... I'm sure there were more serving elsewhere, the 10th division I think. It's definitely another under appreciated sacrifice at home.

All my respect to the Irish

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: