View previous topic :: View next topic  
CPT Darrick Lurr
Tactical - Captain

re: Fleet Marks

Good afternoon/ evening all!

I have built up a large some of fleet marks, is there anyway someone could start a project where I could unload all of them please?

Thanks a bunch!

That's what the Armada is for.  The smaller fleets have MANY projects running for you to earn fleet credits.

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

davisjm0311 wrote:

That's what the Armada is for.  The smaller fleets have MANY projects running for you to earn fleet credits.

Most of the time, the FM slots are already filled, or grayed out (we can't contribute) in the various Armada projects.

They have multiple projects that are open.  We discussed this at the last staff meeting.  The purpose of the Armada is to help each other.  We are not opening fleet mark projects at this time.

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

I'll go ahead and be the asshole, since it plays to my strengths.  This is not directed specifically at Lurr, or Prett, its directed at anyone and everyone.

We discussed it at the last staff meeting.  We discussed it at the staff meeting before that.  And the one before that, and the one before that.  We have discussed it at every single staff meeting since the inception of the holdings system.

GanosLal, and then Novin, have both repeatedly made themselves available to help players earn fleet credits through other means.  All of these holding projects require a good deal more than just marks, and the fleet has done its best to provide information and tutelage on how to easily obtain the other materials required.  This information and tutelage often goes ignored, with repeated requests that the Fleet open up more projects so that people can just concern themselves with ditching their excess fleet marks.  From the perspective of leadership, it appears that not only is a portion of the member base unwilling to learn the armada system, they are unwilling to do anything beyond gathering whatever gets dumped in their lap through normal play.  Rather than spend five minutes every couple of days recruiting doffs, or transwarping to the individual holdings to pick up the special missions for various commodities, the finger gets pointed at us for their unwillingness to put in any effort.

I have a shit ton of fleet credits, because I contribute things like dilithium.  Would I prefer to contribute expertise or marks?  Certainly.  But if those things are full, I look at what is needed, and then, I go and fucking get it.  With everything this fleet does for its membership, I don't think we're asking for much in return.

We will not be opening any fleet projects beyond what we might need for provisioning.  We are the alpha Fleet in the Armada precisely because our holdings are as advanced as they are; and those fleets that joined us did so partially based on the expectation that we would be assisting them with completing their own projects.  So that's what's going to happen.  We're going to direct membership to assist armada members the same way we only opened our own projects that we needed, because we needed the resources to go into specific things rather than having them dumped into meaningless projects.  The only concession leadership might make going forward is removing the restriction on outbound dilithium.  That's just the way it's going to be.   

We already made that concesion Shack...outgoing Dil is a go.

you-kick-my-dog

If anyone really needs to dump marks or anything in general cornerstone, a fleet in our armada, really is low on holdings and in general really apriciates if anyone could just completely filll all their fleet projects. So for anyone who is uber desperate to get fleet credits cornerstone fleet is your new dumping ground.

Nimmoth
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

did they ever fix the issue where fleet creds contributed to armada members dont show up on your "counter" - not that that stops me from contributing, but just a question. 

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Starbase News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: