View previous topic :: View next topic  
COMO Sapel
Science - Commodore

Awarded:

re: 2016 Duty Officer Update!

The Duty Officer System (Doff system), much like the admiralty system, offers you some unique rewards in game.

Below you will find a number of resources to offer insight for the starting player as well as for the more skilled player. Build your Duty Officer reserves, get the purple officers needed for your Bridge positions, and rake in the Dilithium rewards and energy credits.

To start, I would suggest you take a look at Doffaholic. It's a great guide for beginners and advanced Doff collectors. Almost every basic system of Duty Officers from collection & development to duty officer missions are reviewed in easy to understand terms. https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/wiki/advanced_doffing

For the more experienced Doff Slingers, hopefully some of the following references are of aid.

Should you identify a very specific Duty Officer you need to acquire, the following tool may be of help.  http://thephoenixdivision.com/doffs.html

For those who wish to take DOFF's to the next level, there is doffTreckker 3.0. This is a downloadable spreadsheet / program (fuzzy on this) on googledocs. This program claims to be integrated and automatic. It's used to track multiple characters and track timers so you know when to restart a mission. It alleges that it will track all your doffs automatically. Should you try this out, I would love to hear your experiences as I have yet to try it myself. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IdSGB9vsHOzeAzTx4LGX1hKfd3WAW1tPOKDSznsSrbI/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=61

Some generalizations I encountered:

It is said that it is best to farm for Doffs+Dil on the FED side, Contraband+Dil on the KDF side. I agree contraband is easier on KDF side, but the Alpha Quadrant offers many opportunities for both parties to upgrade duty officers without using refugees (once mission chains “Diplomatic” are done).

On the KDF side, No crits are needed to get Contraband. Almost any Marauder mission with "Raid", "Pillage" or "Plunder" will do. (The Vulcan ships never have Contraband !).

Also for KDF the hard part is getting Refugees as they don't drop from the colonization chains it seems.

Try flying near the FED blocks and the "Offer sanctuary from federation" mission tends to pop up at an ok rate.

Addendum: exchanging duty officer some times results in Romulan Doffs that do not show up on Exchange officer mission. Mail those doffs to a Romulin toon to be broken down of via Romulan fleet duty officer missions on Romulis fleet! have yet to determine if fed/KDG Romulan doffs behave differently. 

Have fun out there!

Last edited by COMO Sapel on 06/10/18 14:55; edited 2 times in total

re: 2016 Duty Officer Update!

Great post, Sir.  Very handy information.

I am a "Daily Doff'er" myself.   Which means, before I actually play the game, I run all my toons through their respective, local Doff missions.  I used to run all eight toons, but now restrict myself to running my KDF toons (5) 4 to 5 times a week, and Fed toons (3) at least twice a week.  I tend to just run missions where the ship is currently located, but I will make special runs to Fleet Dilithium mine or Fleet Research Lab for specialized Doff missions.  I try to stay close to either our Fleet Starbase or DS9.  On the KDF side, it is also a short run to get to Qo'nos for those missions planet side.  To mix things up a little, at least once a month I will move the gang over to the Dyson Sphere or Gamma Quadrant.   Will also leave a few slots open for the Toon I'm going to play that night.  You never know where the game is going to drop you after done a Borg or Tholian Red Alert and you can pick special sector doff missions there.

For KDF:  If you go near the SOL system, there are some really interesting Doff missions you can pick up. 

DS9:  "Haggle for" Doff missions can be found just outside of DS9, inside of DS9, and the Ferengi Trader outside of the Engineering Bay. 

(Suns back out, so back to work, will add more tidbits later)

Qa'pla

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Guides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: