Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> 7th Imperial Tactical Squadron
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

re: New Skill system selection for my Qib

First day of the new skill system and I thought that I would share my results with the members of the fleet. First, I fly a Qib with an override subsystem safeties build. The build is capable of 30,000+ DPS prior to the implementation of the new system. For those who who wish to know I use the following BOFF layout:

Ensign universal: Tactical with Tac Team I

Tactical LCDR: FAW I, APB I, FAW III

Engineering Intel Off.: Eng. Team I, OSS II, EPtW III, Surgical Strikes III

LCDR Engineering: EPtW I, Aux Pwr to SIF I, Rev. Shld. Polarity II

Sci Intel LT: Polarize Hull I, OSS II

I run DOFFs to reduce TT to 15 seconds and with a chance to boost shields when I hit Brace for Impact. As Override Subsystem Safeties (OSS) can take random subsystems offline temporarily, I use the Nukara shield and deflector for the weapon stabilizers to prevent my weaps from going offline. The warp core is an elite fleet plasma integrated with AMP and EFF modifiers.

I also use the Romulan Prototype Impulse engine for the buff to attack patterns and the Kobali regnerative integrity field from the Samsar cruiser as a poor man's miracle worker. Works like a champ! ;-)

Power is supplemented by a plasmonic leech and two embassy signature nullifiers with the FLOW modifier. I also run two neutronium consoles with the Turn modifier, but you could also run one with Turn and one with SIF to boost the Kobali console as the Qib is a nimble ship from the get go.

I have been playing with the new skills on tribble, and if you haven't already, I suggest that you import a toon over to it and play with the system before you commit on Holodeck. I also suggest that you confer with either Cain or Davis or both should you have any doubts. As for myself I set my Qib up like this:

LT - Hull capacity and regen one point each, Science shield cap one point, Tac - Energy weap. Trng. three points.

LCDR - Eng. EPS flow I and II (2 pts.), Science Drain Expertise I and II, and drain infection (3 pts.), Tac 6 points

CDR - Eng. Hull plating (3 pts.), Science Shield regen 1 pt. & Shld hard 3 pts., Tac 6 points

General - Eng. Warp Core Pot. I & II and warp core eff., Shield mastery, absorption, and reflection, Tac coord. protocols

Once finished, you get to select your perks down at the bottom. I chose based on how I play and for balance between offense and defense.

My results were surprising given the numbers that I saw as I engaged PVE targets. DPS increased about 10% or so. I won't have a hard read on that until I run a combat log in an STF. So my overall impression of the new skill system is positive. No doubt that I will have to tweak it later, but I am happy with it.

Good luck with your respec and may you be as satisfied as I am.

Qapla'!

re: New Skill system selection for my Qib

Too late to try it out on Tribble now.  Cain and I are usually in vent in the evening, come and talk to us if you'd like some help :)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> 7th Imperial Tactical Squadron All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: