View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

re: Good Old Games

One of my sons found this "blast from the past."  He remembers being a young boy and watching me play this (KayPro PC); it was more fun than TV. 

http://www.gog.com/game/forgotten_realms_the_archives_collection_two

Funny what your kids remember.  Anyway, I wasted many hours of my life with these games. 

Qapla'

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Ganos Lal
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

holy chit man that's taking me back some years

I never played that game. I used to play Infocom text based games like Leather Goddesses of Phobos and Zork. You can get a lot of good 8 bit games at GOG and you can also get some pretty good '90's games from EA for free, if you don't mind running their Origin service. I have gotten some Wing Commander games from them as well as a few others. Then there is also abandonware sites that allow you to download full games that are mostly 8 bit and require DOS box to run. You can get games such as King's Quest, Alone in the Dark, and Privateer.

And while I am at, Bethesda has moved Daggerfall to freeware. Just download from Beth's site and play.

One of my son's sent me this "blast from our past."  Looking forward to watching the rest of the series.

"Baldur's Gate:  Durlag's Tower"  = one of my best gaming experiences, ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWgc20zbRXk&ab_channel=ExtraCredits

Enjoy!

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Wupteedo wrote:

One of my son's sent me this "blast from our past."  Looking forward to watching the rest of the series.

"Baldur's Gate:  Durlag's Tower"  = one of my best gaming experiences, ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWgc20zbRXk&ab_channel=ExtraCredits

Enjoy!

You know, I still play Baldur's Gate. That was an awesome game. So was Plane Scape Torment. Also, If GOG offers the first System Shock, get it. It is a fantastic game and highly recommended.

Awarded:

Knightnblu wrote:

I never played that game. I used to play Infocom text based games like Leather Goddesses of Phobos and Zork. You can get a lot of good 8 bit games at GOG and you can also get some pretty good '90's games from EA for free, if you don't mind running their Origin service. I have gotten some Wing Commander games from them as well as a few others. Then there is also abandonware sites that allow you to download full games that are mostly 8 bit and require DOS box to run. You can get games such as King's Quest, Alone in the Dark, and Privateer.

And while I am at, Bethesda has moved Daggerfall to freeware. Just download from Beth's site and play.

I noticed that Origin [EA] allows you to download Battlefield 1942 for free.  One of my favorites of all time.  I plan on setting it up on all my computers and having a BF42 fragfest for those of you that live near me in VT.  Soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Beyond the Galaxy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: