View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBob357

re: Rock me like a hurricane

Hey all,

Well it looks like Hurricane Matthew is gonna hit where I live. Last time we were without power for three days, but this is supposed to be worse. So if I'm not back in a few days, just wait longer.

LT. Dan, I mean FCPT Cain  

Awarded:

Guessing leaving isn't an option so good luck!

Sapel

Awarded:

Stay safe mate. Good luck.

Preston

The thunder from down under
Fleet Admiral E. Fortin
Tactical - Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

Be safe and hunker down!

Looks like I picked a good time to go on vacation.  Cool, crisp weather here in Yosemite; later in Napa.   No doubt, my little shack in the North Jacksonville will probably be wiped out, even on a 500 year flood plane.   Suppose to be bringing furniture back from Colorado, but to what?  Fingers crossed and candles lite, but my luck, well, let's just say if it wasn't for bad luck, I would have no luck at all.  

Not so Cheery!

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Z. Barrett
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: Re: Rock me like a hurricane

BigBob357 wrote:

Hey all,

Well it looks like Hurricane Matthew is gonna hit where I live. Last time we were without power for three days, but this is supposed to be worse. So if I'm not back in a few days, just wait longer.

LT. Dan, I mean FCPT Cain  

Hurricanes suck. I am outside the worst effects, but the college I work at is shut down until Monday, which affects my pay. When the big three came through in 2004, I wound up living in my office for four days because of the power outages and played Legend of Zelda on my Game Boy in my car as the eye of Jeanne passed overhead. It was not fun.

All we, who live in Hurricane Alley, can do is turn our ships into the wave and ride it out.

Awarded:

For those of you who are going to be affected by this storm, I'll be thinking of you and praying for you, and for your families, and that your property may not be damaged.  For what it's worth, I do tech support for Jamaica and Gitmo for a government agency, and we thought the sites there were going to get trashed.  They had one building at Gitmo that they thought could no way resist a Cat 4 storm, so they moved out the router and switches to a stouter building, but it turned out to not be too bad at either site.  There was no serious damage at either place.  So my hope is that where you live will be no more affected than those particular sites were, but there are no guarantees.  GTF out if you can!  And good luck!

Moosevelt wrote:

Guessing leaving isn't an option so good luck!

Sapel

Still an option. Not supposed to get tropical storm force conditions till tomorrow morning so, we'll probably make our decision tonight if we're going to gtfo of the AO or stick around and have a party. YOLO! See ya on the otherside.

Awarded:

thank you goverment weather control for making the hurricane turn back out to sea. now my forecast (central VA) is just a little rain and light winds! 

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
BigBob357

Despite the media hype about it being the storm of the century, I am alive. No significant destruction of property in my area, although further south took the brunt of it. 

From Yosemite, to Napa Valley, now Evergreen, Colorado -- meanwhile, back East. 

Neighbor sent us some picture -- basically a big mess, but no real damage to home, no windows broken, but did get some water damage with wind pushing water against front door.   Been getting some 2 to 3 feet above normal high tides, but nothing near the home.    Major relief that we have a home to get back too. 

Cheers

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: