View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

re: New Federation Ships

Gosh, how many more ships does the Federation need?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10264233-wizkids-star-trek-attack-wing-vizier

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10266883-archon-class-assault-cruiser

IMHO, I believe that both sides of STO would benefit if Cryptic would consider just upgrading some of the current ships to T6/T5-U; for a fee, of course, but preferable to use Fleet Modules or upgrade tokens. 

From a KDF prospective, I believe most KDF players would truly welcome an expansion of the Orion, Nausicaan and Gorn ship lines.  This would include some to T5-U and T-6.  We see these ships in various missions, so why not take it to the next step.  Half the work is already done, i.e., ship design, so just do the standard Cryptic "cut & paste" from another ship's code, change the wording and some states, done.    Easy profit for them and STO continues to support Perfect Worlds other games. 

++++

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10259103-k-13-fleet-holding-special-unlocks

Remember the alien in the middle of this picture.  It is from TOS episode "The Corbomite Maneuver."  It was a decoy to strike fear into the heart of a potential enemy.  It was commanded by Commander Balok* and the ship's name was Fesarius.  I would like to see this added to STO.  *(Cdr Balok was played by Clint Howard, brother of Ron Howard (Opie), the more you know!)

Starship Fesarius

"Thu'Fir Dream specifications"   for only 15,000 Zen

• Tier 6
  • Mininum Rank: Major General
  • Hull Strength: 99,335 at level 50 and 109,500 at level 60
  • Shield Modifier: 1.35
  • Crew: 3000
  • Fore Weapons: 16
  • Aft Weapons: 16
  • Device Slots: 12
  • Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical/Command, 1 Lieutenant Engineering, 1 Commander Engineering/Command, 1 Lieutenant Commander Science, 5 Lieutenant Universal, 2 Commander Universal, 2 LCDR Universal, 
  • Console Modifications: 16 Tactical, 20 Engineering, 16 Science
  • Base Turn Rate: 6
  • Impulse Modifier: 0.20
  • Inertia: 60
  • +25 Weapon Power, +20 Engine Power
  • Can Load Dual/Quad Cannons
  • Hangar Bays: 8
  • Hangar Bays loaded with up to 3 types of fighters, buyer's choice
  • Console - Universal - Tachyon Pulse Platform
  • Battle Cloaking Device
  • Inspiration Abilities
    • Turn the Tide
    • Against All Odds
    • Battle Preparation
  • Starship Ability Package (Battle Carrier)
    • Absorptive Plating
    • Enhanced Weapon Banks
    • Enhanced Plating
    • Armored Hull
    • Assault Boarding Parties
    • Improved Tachyon Beam (Starship Trait)
  • Cruiser Communications Array
    • Command - Shield Frequency Modulation
    • Command - Attract Fire
    • Command - No Mercy
    • Command - PvP sterilization for defeated foes

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Z. Barrett
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: New Federation Ships

I read the stats and the abilities on that new ship and the concept seems to be more of a novelty than anything else. When the game was new, a cruiser that could laugh off or ignore damage while pulling and holding aggro seems pretty nice. However, I do not need to tell folks that DPS is king. The best crowd control is to be able to smoke mobs as fast as possible. Having an invincibility button that robs me of DPS first, then all attacks completely doesn't really toot my horn. I will pass.

I also agree that the KDF doesn't get enough new ship love. I have a Klink alt that I haven't touched in forever and a lot of that has to do with the lack of options at the end game.

Jump to: