View previous topic :: View next topic  
CPT Darrick Lurr
Tactical - Captain

re: Gear and item sets for ground

So I have two full ships built thus far. Ive never really got into the ground aspect of the game yet and I am looking to change that. With that said I could use some advice for upping my ground game.

I could use some help with advice on gear for my character and my ground crew in PvE as well as for missions. Don't really care too much on looks or weapon types. My main character is tactile and more built for use of guns and little to none hand to hand. 

Ground can either be very complicated or very simple.  I have two very different sets of ground fighters; one for everyday fighting and the other for Borg missions (melee weapons).  You have lots of Boffs at your disposal.  Also, you want to look at your Boff's and their Traits, especially those ground traits.  I'm much better with the KDF side than Feddy, but this is my normal Fed set-up:

Smaug (Tac Officer)

Ginger (Betazoid, Science, Healer duties, long-range weapon)

Thane (Jem'Hadar, Tactical, Jem'Hadar Set, mostly MK 14)

Elvis (Human, Engineer, Rep Set (various), mostly MK 14)

Edwina (Bajorian, Engineer, Rep Set (various, mostly MK 14)

Common ground will include 2 Engineers, 1 Tactical, and 1 Science. 

I like using the Reputation Gear I have either bought/earned in the game for my Ground Boffs.

My Borg crew is about the same, but they use Melee weapons.  Most of these weapons and gear are also MK 14.  There is no real rush to update your gear if you are a average player. 

Just check their traits and special characteristics (species based) of your ground crew.   Also, you can adjust your ground crew to what you are.  For instance, if you are an engineer, you may want to have either 2 Tactical or 2 Science Boffs with you instead of a party of 3 engineers.  Depends on your fighting style.

Since I'm an old fart, I also name my Boffs by their occupation.  For instance, all Engineers have names that start with the letter "E", Science with "S" names, and Tactical with "T".   Ginger is the exception because I use her as my Ground Science officer for healing and normally she has red hair. 

This is just the basics.  Hope it helps. 

Qa'pla

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

I had the desire to up my ground game recently and did a little web research, and the result convinced me that the thing to do is get the Iconian ground reputation set, and in addition, to buy the Iconian staff weapon from the Lobi store.  What you do is equip the full ground set to get all the set bonuses, and this is great because it gives you a seriously large amount of hit points [like double] among other things.  Combined with traits, this is really effective.  Then use tech upgrades to increase the shield and armor to Mk XIV, but you don't need to do the weapon, because you'll just slot that as secondary and use the Iconian staff thingy.  It's a rockin' set.  This is my recommendation.

Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Another note on this; I'm leveling up a new toon from the beginning, and this time I grabbed the Advanced Herald Antiproton Beam Projector [what I called the "Iconian Staff Thingy" in an earlier post] from the Lobi store for the new toon.  Combined with making sure I have whatever the top allowed MK version of my ground gear is at every rank [BoFFs too], I am literally just walking through enemies with no effort at all this playthrough.  Don't even have to use any kit stuff or skills, just blast them all and cruise through the levels.  I will probably have to play it on Advanced Difficulty.  The Beam Projector levels with you, and starts off purple.  I can't recommend it highly enough, and later on in end game when it's combined with the Iconian ground rep set, it kicks ass even more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: