Awarded:

re: Discord

Discord?

Discussion thread

Poll

Discord features

Awarded:

It has been cutting my ping times in half, from the mid 90ms to the mid 40ms.  The ability to go hands free is real with this product.

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

CAPT Moroski

Oh yes! It is extremely light, intergrated text /voice chat, cross-platform all, and its free! Built by gamers for gamers!its super cool! I would advise everyone to try it before voting!

Yes, this is a great Idea. I've had a lot of experience with discord and I can only say that this should be done as soon as possible. I'm helping FCPT Moroski implement a Music Bot for people who have some downtime in the app, so far its working perfectly and has its own channel, so members won't need to worry about loud music being played in the lounge or other channels where it would be inappropriate. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on there. Though we will need to check if we can get the 7th Fleet Communications tab on the site to be updated that way we can view whos on discord rather then vent

Us crazy Aussies need to stick together
CAPT Moroski

re: Music Bot

Ok,

So, i think that it is now safe to say that we now have a fully functional Music Bot and a 7th Fleet Music chat channel. So.... here is what it is:

-A channel that is used for music while gaming. When in this channel please also be sure to be in the 7th Music Requests TEXT channel and to limit communication to be text based.

-The bot has simple commands that allow users in the channel to be able to add music from Youtube and Soundcloud. It also can upload Youtube playlists to the queue as well.

-Currently, when you enter the channel, 7th Fleet Music Lounge, it will be playing a few dorky songs and all 98 songs from warp 11 on repeat of whole music queue. Warp 11 is a very very good Star Trek rock and roll band and boy can these guys wail!

-They can also be left running in the Music Lounges as well.

Now, with that being said, should we look into having a few of these Music Lounges made up for the Discord Fleet Chat? I think that they are a cool little idea and highly enjoyable.

And lastly, Kor and I are putting together a quick instruction manual that will be available to you all. This will help with installation, user set up, a quick how to use the system, and a how to use the music bot.

Cool stuff, eh?

Jump to: