View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valeʼncynos
Engineering - Captain

re: Flarbitank - Daystar Clarion

With the kinda recent change to the skill tree, and my inability to comprehend and replicate the modified Dragon build Mr. G gave me, I went on a search for a comparable build.  I found one on reddit that has been quite sufficient to my needs.  I will link the reddit thread as well as my sto academy page, as I do not have everything the build suggests due to funds and being content with what I have at the moment.

STO Academy:
https://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/a352b2e9a966c4c66a72832cfe854471#starship

Reddit link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comments/4opu8f/emzis_flarbitank_fleet_arbiter_mark_ii/

Edit 05.2019 - Updated academy link.

Last edited by Valeʼncynos on 05/13/19 23:49; edited 2 times in total

Awarded:

ya when the dragon build was no longer needed for power/eps, this is kinda what i switched to, i just need attatck pattern delta prime - still expensive EC wise -  im reading about this hot topic of attritian warfare now, but dont really understand it/apply it yet...i will post a new build once i work it out tho! - for the arbiter, of course..is there really any other? ;p

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
COMO Sapel
Science - Commodore

Awarded:

Here is a fun little video that covers the basic idea of Attrition Warfare. the text of video is in below comments. Probably more to this and the reading continues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/5q2bib/understanding_attrition_warfare_a_very_powerful/

Awarded:

ok i believe i understand..

it is a node/trait on the strategist spec, so set that to active (1st or 2nd, doesnt matter) .. it reduces the cooldown of boff skills when in threatining stance...

so just activate strategist and turn on threatning stance, maybe run 1 krenim(not really needed) and put a couple points in the readiness skill tree. it doesnt matter if you run -th or +th gear. and hit a heal every 20s (place HE on spacebar spam or something)

as far as tanking goes, most people run it now anyhow, so having threatning stance on will zero out with teammates, the tank should still be running more +th anyhow if they are a good tank.

so the new meta looks like AW2 (attrition warfare2) + IFBP (improved feedback pulse-seems to be in every build now) + AHOD(all hands on deck-still need capt. ability CD) + 3 energy weap doffs(frees up space for these +critd/h guys since no more VR techs needed for aux2bat builds) + APDP(attack pattern delta prime-seems to be in every build now) 

and if you are a tac. capt.- the new GDF (go down fighting at 100% health) + A good day to die seems to be talked about alot-i dunno since i dont run a tact. capt

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Ship Loadouts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: