View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: Arena of Sompak - A Quick Guide

I ran through the Arena as soon as it went live and the random que'd up group I was in got to level 27 but we could have got a lot farther we just kinda gave up after the long pauses between rounds (which is a known bug) but it is *fun breaking* as it kinda feels like how it was in Mirror Invasion if you clear the space really fast.

But from what we were able to do and what I saw, some things are absolutely(mostly) to be able to clear a lot of the levels.

First the que itself has 100 levels to it with the difficulty increasing as you go represented by skulls at the bottom left. My group was at 3 skulls at 27 so I am going to assume that the last 35-40 levels are played at max difficulty, or 5 skulls.(if that wasnt bugged as well) Each ten levels is a *boss* level which gives you elite versions of some of the game's tougher enemies. If they made it cool these enemies would be different each time you played(I say this only having done it once) and as you reach each additional 10 levels a new enemy*boss* is added ON TOP OF existing level bosses. to illustrate... at lvl 10 we fought elite gorn tactical drones and at level 20 we fought the drones and a bluegill Spawnmother.

Now there are several additional threats in the arena such as laser guards and gas clouds that activate randomly but the 2 you have to watch for are the LIGHTNING and FIRE rounds. The lightning round actually shoot bolts of lightning at 1 player at a time like an orbital strike. The player it targets gets a small red circle and it follows the player for several strikes then switches to another player. The fire round is less straight forward as random areas in the arena burst into flames you, obviously, cant stand in. Now I say "round" but in fact both of these hazards happen during normal rounds while you are fighting NPCS so it gets a bit crazy. Rodek (Todd Day's super awesome voice over) usually announces these rounds fairly accurately just watch the displays around the arena which display a lightning bolt or a flame picture.

Now you are constantly in Red Alert so make sure everything is good to go before queing up/entering the arena. I recommend a group of 2 eng 2 tac and a sci but obviously u cant always go like that. Everyone should have a resequencer or the Maco set as you do fight Borg which adapt. Everyone (if u have it) should have the crystalline spike module has it has an NPC taunt which can save your group if you get in a tight spot. ENGs should run turrets, mortars, and mines and shield/health generators. TACs should run whatever they want to push dps to the max and the SCI should run a mix of healing/buffs and DPS as any DPS increase can help. 

Thats it for now. i can go in depth at a later time 

Awarded:

Good Intel thanks Mr. Mercer!

Science - Commodore

Awarded:

Fair bit of my afternoon puzzling this initial guide on the event. Looks like Kor was on spot with Iconian set as a solid option :)

https://www.sto-league.com/arena-of-sompek/

Look forward to finding our way thru it !

Awarded:

Moosevelt wrote:

Fair bit of my afternoon puzzling this initial guide on the event. Looks like Kor was on spot with Iconian set as a solid option :)

https://www.sto-league.com/arena-of-sompek/

Look forward to finding our way thru it !

The Temporal set is also pretty good, though I personally started using the Romulan Navy set.  It feels like I'm cheating.

Awarded:

uber ground = 2pc rom. navy(armor+plasma rifle + 2pc nakhul (shield + nakuhl weap as secondary) .... ever since i found this build i tear thru it, espically with all the secondary fire cooldowns traits/skill trees. of course commando/temporal

the above post says CHRONITON mines slow it down, what about cryo mines? i have been running those to throw in the back by the fire pits to slow down those npcs..i wonder...anyhow switching out the mines for a heal turret untill confirmed. (eng. running spike/neut. mortar/embassy turret/explosive drone/now shield gen/photonic barrier i think may be more useful than hp)

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Three attempts so far, got to round 53 with my KDF Kitty Kat (Engineer).   Using KDF Honor Guard gear and Voth Shocktrooper Cannon (Lobi Store). 

Quick Tip:  When the General says it's time for the "Lightning Round," jump, and don't stop moving.   My Engineer did not have time to stop and drop goodies during this round. 

Recommended Group:  2 Engineers, 2 Tactical, 1 Science

It you have a Horta or other attack pet, use them.  Also, the more folks that can call in "Solar Gateways," the better. 

I will be on from 8-10 pm (EST) tonight for any 7th I.T.S. that want to group for this. 

Qa'pla

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Nimmoth
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

good suggestion, swapping explosive drone for solar gateway. also in lightning round, if you run under the bunker, right behind the score board, you cant be targeted

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Sad to see the "fun & games" is already over.  Wished they had gone on for a seven day cycle, but it's Cryptic. 

Good news, if one of your toons got the award (Lighting Strike), it will open account wide for all your toons. 

Will have to experiment to see if "Lighting Strike" is as strong as "Orbital Strike."

Qa'pla

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Fleet News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: