View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAPT Preston
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: Klingon Incursion TFOC Reports

((OOC)) This thread if for the taskforce officer commanding (TFOC) to post their weekly reports for their respective Taskforces. As a reminder, the commanders are ADM Van Wormer (TF 7-1), FCPT Preston (TF 7-2), VADM JT Kerry (TF 7-3), and FCPT Moroski (TF 7-4).

Please ensure to check this thread for weekly updates from your task force commanders, as one or more may have a story or two to tell....

The thunder from down under
CAPT Preston
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

TF 7-2 Officer Commanding's report, Stardate 94098.39

This week the 7th Fleet has stepped up it operations against alleged Klingon incursions into Federation space. In response to the threat, the Fleet split up into four separate Taskforces, each with their own Area of Operations. I have been given the command of Taskforce 7-2 (TF 7-2). My AO is the Klingon/Federation border, and covers some sections that are considered part of neither nations.

As we step up operations, my officers have started up patrolling the AO with some effect at keeping the peace. I myself, during my first patrol, curbed the a move by House Thu'Fir to set up a illegal mining operation in the Omar system. Following this initial raid, the Klingons have repeatedly tried to set up the mining operation again and again. Captains Valencynos and Praji both set the Klingons to flight after discovering the reconstruction efforts in the asteroid rings of Omar II. Following this, I set upon the Nausicaan raider fleet operating out of the Sardah system in the rings of the second planet. Again, Valencynos and Praji havemade sure the are has remained clear of raider, protecting or trade lanes from the Nausicaan threat. Unfortunately, my ship, the U.S.S. Australia was damaged, the left nacelle having been shorn off be disruptor fire. I have shifted my flag to the U.S.S. Gallipoli-B at Starbase K-7, before setting out to ensure that the threat of a newly found House Thu'Fir listening post in the Kern system, around its second planet to be precise, was eliminated. Both Captains Praji and Valencynos have ensured that this system stays secure.

Both these Captains have shown considerable bravery and mental fortitude in combating this new threat, while also ensuring that the Federations citizens are protected from other threats as well. Valencynos has shown great initiative, turning away an incursion by the True Way in the Alhena system, protecting the Deuterium mines their, and combating Orion slavers preying on miners in the Veyga system, as well as assisting the U.S.S. Bale against raiders in the Kalfer system. He continued to patrol both the Khitomer and the Kassae Sectors, repelling Klingon and Nausicaan raiders.

Captain Praji, working in the Risa sector, saw off an attempt by a unidentified Klingon House to secure decalithium deposits around Koolhaas IV. He fought off a large enemy force numbering nearly twenty vessels, and secured the deposits for the Federation. He also assisted miners in two separate instances against the Gorn, defending our civilians from the threat. Finally, he fought beside a Romulan commander against a Gorn fleet near Gamma Eridon.

As more Captains find their way from their old postings to their new ones, I hope to see the defensive efforts employed by my officers to be changed into counter-offensives, aimed at curtailing the spread of House Thu'Firs anti Federation influence. I am sending a message to the Fleet Admiral about a meeting with all TFOC's to discuss the ongoing threat. I hope this summit will occur by the end of the month.

I find this huge push by a single House, even one as strong as Thu'Fir, disturbing and wholly improbable. Why would they try now, after years of fighting side by side against so many threats to the galaxy, from the Tholians to the Borg to the Iconians? And with the new threat of the Tzenkethi in the Alpha quadrant, we cannot afford to have this kind of infighting within the Alliance. I believe that their is a third party to this conflict, on that is manipulating us into a war that will split our Alliance apart from the inside.

Fleet Captain Preston, Commanding officer U.S.S. Gallipoli, TF 7-2 TFOC, Chief Operations Officer, 7th Fleet, UFP.

CAPT Preston
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Chief Operations Officers (7th Fleet) report.

In light of the actions taken by Task Force 7-2 in the Klingon/Federation border skirmish, as well as the heavy fighting they have endured, TF 7-2 shall rotate with TF 7-4 under Fleet Captain Moroski, with 7-2 taking over 7-4s' responsibilities at DS9, and vice versa. In light of the amount of Klingon ships that are operating in the Alpha quadrant, and not all of these are allied to House Thu'fir, it will take much more finesse to keep Zone 02 safe.

Task Forces 7-0, 7-1, and 7-3 are to remain in their Zones, and are to provide backup as required to TF 7-4 as needed.

Also, with the current status of FCAPT Moroski unknown, and presumed captured during a hit raid on DS9, FCAPT Ries is to take command of TF 7-4

Ship transfers are as follow:

U.S.S. Sibyl: TF 7-4

U.S.S.Brown Chicken: TF 7-3

U.S.S. Hesperian: TF 7-1

U.S.S. Turyr B Gaan 2: TF 7-1

My apologies to Captain Valencynos for the muckup You are to report to DS9 for a week liberty.

THat is all for now, Captains. Good hunting.

FCAPT Preston, COO, 7th Fleet, UFP

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> RP Fleet Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: