View previous topic :: View next topic  
COMO Sapel
Science - Commodore

Awarded:

re: Upgrade Weekend!

Running From Thursday, March 16th at 9AM PST to Monday, March 20th at 10AM PST

" Still striving to get the greatest performance out of your equipment? This weekend will be the perfect time to apply Tech Upgrades to your gear, as we’re doubling the amount of Technology Points earned from each one applied!

From Thursday, March 16th at 9AM PST to Monday, March 20th at 10AM PST, every Tech Upgrade used will apply twice as many Technology Points toward your next Upgrade! This in turn reduces the amount of Dilithium that must be spent to reach each Upgrade threshold, allowing Captains additional chances to attain both Mark and Rarity increases on their favored load outs."

Awarded:

i would reccommend skipping this one, as the new balance changes settle.

One thing that im grabbing on the exchange is weapons with the [Over] mod - these are cheap now and im telling u guys cuz ur fleet mates, but the word is that these are going to skyrocket as they will play into the new meta

i havent looked at the wiki - but can only crafted weapons get the [Over] mod? 

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Blake Rainer
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Nimmoth wrote:

One thing that im grabbing on the exchange is weapons with the [Over] mod - these are cheap now and im telling u guys cuz ur fleet mates, but the word is that these are going to skyrocket as they will play into the new meta

Crafted weapons do have a chance to have the [Over] mod, and as far as I am aware crafting is the only place to get such weapons. Unfortunately though, it is all random. If you are interested in crafting them, I would suggest crafting Mk 2 weapons and see if they have [Over]. It lets you crank them out pretty quickly while playing the crafting lottery. You can then upgrade them to whatever rank you'd like (it's only a couple upgrade tokens to get to mk 12).

Personally, I do not think the changes are going to be the apocalypse that everyone in the dps channels are saying it will be. People heard about the changes and they have a hair trigger ready to scream "nerf" ... when in reality they are trying to give you more options instead of the 1-2 "best" builds that everyone feels like they need to play. I have been saying for a long time that I wish they'd make changes so that it made more sense to play canonical builds for ships (i.e a mix of weapon and not just beam arrayx8 while mashing FAW). It seems Cryptic's intent is to trying an give us more viable builds. I am hoping it works out, but we won't know until we try it out.

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Blake Rainer wrote:
Nimmoth wrote:

Crafted weapons do have a chance to have the [Over] mod, and as far as I am aware crafting is the only place to get such weapons. Unfortunately though, it is all random. If you are interested in crafting them, I would suggest crafting Mk 2 weapons and see if they have [Over]. It lets you crank them out pretty quickly while playing the crafting lottery. You can then upgrade them to whatever rank you'd like (it's only a couple upgrade tokens to get to mk 12).

Personally, I do not think the changes are going to be the apocalypse that everyone in the dps channels are saying it will be. People heard about the changes and they have a hair trigger ready to scream "nerf" ... when in reality they are trying to give you more options instead of the 1-2 "best" builds that everyone feels like they need to play. I have been saying for a long time that I wish they'd make changes so that it made more sense to play canonical builds for ships (i.e a mix of weapon and not just beam arrayx8 while mashing FAW). It seems Cryptic's intent is to trying an give us more viable builds. I am hoping it works out, but we won't know until we try it out.

At some point, this shit just becomes academic.  I have played roughly the same build since day one - a broadside-focused beam-boat assault cruiser.  It has always been effective.  Fads and nerfs come and go, but if you play what you enjoy the game will never feel like it's punishing you.  The fact of the matter is Cryptic could nerf whatever systems are being utilized to let people get upwards of 300k dps in half, and those nerfed players would still have no trouble clearing the most difficult content in the game.

Just take advantage of those players mania by selling them the new meta.  That apparently means [over] mods, and I've also heard pulse phasers?  Not certain about that; but those are likely to go up in value once this lockbox cycle ends regardless of balance changes.

I was just happy to get some of my gear, on some of my toons, up to MK 14 (Very Rare).   Even some of my ground Boffs are sporting MK 14 gear.  Also played with some of the old "novelty" type weapons and brought them up to MK 14, just for grins.   So far, best investment seems to be upgrading kits/modules to MK 14. 

I had plenty of the upgrade tokens and used them all.  However, by the end of the event, most of my dilithium was gone.  I sure from Cryptic's viewpoint:  Mission Accomplished!  

Cheers

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: