View previous topic :: View next topic  
VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: DOFFTREKKER3

VADM Kor, Chief Engineer and Fleet Historian, 7th Fleet, United Federation of Planets.

Hi all, I've found a resource that I find very useful and you may as well.  If you have a Google account, you can save a copy of this great spreadsheet called DOFFTREKKER3 for tracking all sorts of Duty Officer stuff in STO at the following link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An0kX7PcNK-vdGc0ZjZHcmlodF9oeFkyYTVXNnRmU2c

The setup instructions are good and I was able to get it working in only a few minutes.  Summary:  You make a copy of the original, read-only spreadsheet, in your own Google Drive folder, and then follow the setup instructions for things like setting your time zone and spreadsheet tabs for each of your characters.  Why time zone?  Because the tracker allows you to put in the time you started a mission, and it calculates when it will finish and any cooldown before it can be run again!  They have it set up so that the can update the original and it can update your copy.  I think you have to give the sheet permission in Google Docs for that and some other things to happen.  This thing is great, check it out!

Note that there is a PayPal donation link at the bottom of the instructions page to reward the creator of this spreadsheet, if you wish to.

Nimmoth
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

thx, this has been around for some time and this is why STO is sometimes called SpreadSheets Online :)

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
COMO Sapel
Science - Commodore

Awarded:

Would love to hear your thoughts on this - I have not looked at it since my post 1/2016. does it auto load your doffs from STO files or is more of a timer app...say an app would be fine :)

Awarded:

Not sure about what it was like a year ago, but at this point the link takes you to a spreadsheet that allows you to track your mission progression for all the chains, plus other custom ones that you can enter in. You can use a script to plug in the current time and the sheet calculates time of completion.  This is useful for when you are going around from nebula to nebula and trying to get to each one, it really simplifies tracking them and works great.  The tracker at the top tells you what time the sector missions are going to reset, for example for nebulas you went to that didn't have a mission available that 4 hour cycle, but I don't like the way the time is presented in that field- it's confusing.

Another script allows you to flush all completed missions from the sheet, and it automatically advances the chain number to the next one in the chain.

It also has a list of all the purple DOFFs that you can get so you can track the ones you have but I'm not using that, seems like too much work and I don't care that much.  I'm mainly using it to track the DOFF chain mission completion so I know what ones to look for and when.  

I have a few new toons, and a few old ones that I never seriously tried to finish the DOFF chains on, and for doing that, this sheet is fantastic.  You create a tab for each toon using either a Fed or Klingon template, and it also gives you a summary tab that shows you all of them on one page if you are bouncing around to a lot of them.

Using it does simplify the process of going around to get all the DOFF chains for the exploration missions and some other ones [like Unforgiven of Ferasa, etc] done in way less time than if you're just randomly looking for chain missions.  Much of the time you know where to go and when.  A little effort to set it up for each toon but once you do and you keep is synched up it makes advancement a lot faster.

I'm only using it for a couple ones I'm playing a lot at the moment, but will add others when I feel like catching them up.

It does NOT interface with STO game data, you must input stuff manually, yourself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Fleet News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: