View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we host our own version of Rem, or should we look for a new bot?
Look for a new bot
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Host our own version of Rem
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

FCPT. Mitchell. D. Ries
Tactical - Captain

re: Discord Music Bot

/PRIORITY MESSAGE
STARDATE 2417.07.24
MSGID FLTOPS
TO ALL HANDS
FR 7HQ

For those who are unaware, our music bot Rem of Borg, will be shutting down in the coming days. The head developer has decided to move onto making a new bot and thus needs to shut down Rem's servers to use them for his new bot. From the information I have received from him, the new bot wont be a music bot. This unfortunately leaves us without a music bot for the moment. There is however two solutions, both bring about their own problems.

The First Solution: We look for a new bot.
Cons to this are that we will need to learn new commands, add more commands if needed, still be at the will of the bot developers as they too might decide to shut down their server for said bot and will have to deal with server latency if its hosted in a different country.

The Second Solution: We host our own version of Rem.
Cons to this are that I will be funding this, as at this moment I have had the most experience with Rem of Borg and the Security Chief bots so if anything breaks or is needed to be changed then I can do so quickly, server latency should be expected as it would be hosted in Australia, however as of the addition of the NBN my internet speed has increased more than 10 fold.

This is not a decision for me to make by myself, I was planing to bring this up at the next fleet meeting however, I would like to get the ball rolling as soon as possible. So I will attach a poll and let all fleet members vote on what we should do.

Signed;

Fleet Captain Ries, Chief of Logistics, The 'Lucky' 7th Fleet, UFP

//MESSAGE ENDS
//FLTOPS SENT

Us crazy Aussies need to stick together
Wil Phoenix
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

The poll has no option for "The Rembot annoyed the begeezes out of me, and so will anything like it. Let's just chat instead."... :)

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

THATS HORRIBLE NEWS

Jump to: