Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Conventions and RW Member Meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Convention 2017 - just over a month away...

We need a concensus - the Chicago Convention is on Sept 15th through the 17th.  I figure, if 5 of us are willing and committed, that's enough for me and I'll go.  I have the time scheduled, but haven't bought the ticket or reserved a room.  

Nichelle Nichols (the original UHURA)  will be there, and who nows how long she'll be around (hopefully for a long while yet) - she's 84.  

It is also the 30th Anniversary of TNG with a good selection of the crew on hand.

Worf and his mate K'Ehleyr (Suzie Plakson) will be there.  Plakson is also supposed to appear in makeup. And the woman who played the Borg Queen, Alice Krige, will be there.

We normally get Copper Seating, $199.00, and sit together as a group, so we work to coordinate and make it happen - the the tickets are good for Thursday night (vendors) through Sunday, and there is a gathering on Saturday night called Ensign's Night with the TNG cast for an additional $30.  Here's the seating: (light/greyed out seats are taken)

As you can see, there are plenty of seats, and they are reserved.

So, take the poll and let us know if you want to go.  I think Sepel has a room booked and has taken the time off.  And, I have taken the time off and will reserve a room if we are attending.  I will book a 2 bed room, and split cost with a roommate if that will entise someone to come along.  And Sapel may do the same, if you talk really nice to him.  Lang had asked, but didn't state a commitment to going - although he does have a costume.  

This quasi-poll is open and will last until Sunday.  I figure 5 is enough of a group to make it fun, but the more the merrier. 

Are you willing and committed to going? (please add your name to one of the lists below by posting a 'Yea' or 'Nay' to this thread)- I am compiling those who have already stated their position and will edit the post for those who answer.) Please answer by Sunday afternoon:

Yea's:

VADM JT Kerry

FCPT Sapel

Nay's:

John Davis,

VADM Kor

FCPT Preston

Thanks,

VADM JT Kerry

Chief of Staff

The "Lucky" 7th Fleet

STO

Last edited by VADM JT Kerry on 08/14/17 9:55; edited 3 times in total
VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Not going, saving sweet cash now that it's confirmed that the first of my Army of Supermen is on the way

Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Nay from me. Being on the other side of the world makes it expensive as hell to meet you lads. Maybe next year.

The thunder from down under
VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

It is obvious that there is a lack of interest by the lack of response.  Sapel, I would cancel that room and your vacation time.  I'm canceling my vacation time for that weekend.

No convention get together this year - it's official.

VADM JT Kerry

Chief of Staff 

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Conventions and RW Member Meetings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: