View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAPT Preston
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: Top Gun August 2017

//MSGROUTINE
RCPT:ALL HANDS 7th FLT
FRM: FLTOPS

Alright, ladies, it is time yet again for a 7th Fleet Top Gun event. Rules are simple. Bring a shuttle, any shuttle. Fit it out with max Mark XII gear, and no massive AOE attacks. Fleet will gather, in addition to our 10th MACO allies in the Vulcan system at 2030hrs, Friday 11th of August. From there we will divvy up into a bracket that shall be organised when we start the event. Time to take, as the old Earth saying goes, the Highway to the Danger Zone. 

FCPT Preston, Chief of Operations, 7th Fleet, UFP

MSGENDS//

The thunder from down under
VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Sorry Dudes,

I might not be able to make it this Friday - needed with the family - unless something changes.  My one and only turned 18, and there's a "todo" to do! Ha!  If we finish early, I may be on.

VADM JT

CoS

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

COMO Sapel
Science - Commodore

Awarded:

requesting clarification on "No massive AOE attacks".

Awarded:

re: Re: Top Gun August 2017

FCPT Preston wrote:

and no massive AOE attacks.

What's the point behind this rule? It's 1v1 combat, so if AOE is launched it will only affect the target it's supposed to, unless people are too close to the battle. 

I just worry you're giving unfair advantages to single target captains (Wil being one of them) and hobbling Science attacks (Sean comes to mind). Many science officers depend on the damage/control from AOE abilities.  

I have to say, this ruleset definitely empowers tactical captains (and maybe engineers who can heal well if they can manage some damage via Rep and Specializations).

I also wonder what you plan to do about level disparity in specializations. Even at level 60, having full intel and pilot gives that shuttle large advantages (flank damage, an immunity roll).

Then there's Rep, Starship Traits and purchased space traits. 

I guess I'm just wondering where the line is? Are we trying to level the playing field? Then a vanilla shuttle with stock weapons, no captain abilities and rep/specialization abilities (can you even turn off specializations completely?) and no traits equipped.

Just random thoughts. 

-Pheonix

VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

I think it is to shorten the time I can Tank on someone as an Engineer.  I'm still hoping I can get online tonight.  I kind of suprised Shack, when it looked like he got the "Kill", but for the setting that brings me back to apparent life.

Miralce Worker - Rank III:  

Targets Self : 8840 Secondary Shields for 15 seconds; +25000 Hit points; +3675 Shield Regeneration applies to each facing; and, Repairs disabled Systems.

Add:  Grace Under Pressure: cuts cooldown from 240 seconds to 90, with an auto reset (up to 3 times) if I lose 20% of my hit points in 5 seconds or less.

I also have a trait (I forget which) that auto launches this without my having to click on it, when I get hit with some energy based weapon that knocks me below 10% all at once, and it triggers a high chance of launching some sort of apocolyptic detenation that blows away shields and part of my targets hull. 

I'll have to look at all my specs and configuration to figure it out.  It may be the ship that enhances this ability, also.

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

CAPT Preston
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Alright, you've got a point Phoenix. It was mostly just to ensure some level of equality between pilots. I didn't want to have a situation where two engineers were battering away at each other for three hours,which has happened before. Seriously, I think I fell asleep and they were still at it when I woke up. But if you think this is unfair, I guess we will sort something out at the event

CAPT Moroski

re: Say what?

Why are we worried about GW and TR when nobody has access to LT or LTCMD BOFF slots? How are we getting access to GW and TR? 

re: Kudos for the event but....

Liked the Top Gun event but just a suggestion:

-Bracket system: Its a good idea, but i would do a L/W bracket. Makes it more fun. 

-The Matches: The maches would be better if it was 1v1 pvp at 15 kills. Like if there were 12 people then there would be 6 different pvp games going on. Everyone would be on their honor. It would speed up the whole process and you would not be warping in and out all the time.

-a minor ban list would be needed to be laid out clearly and for the puropse of fairness. 

Any questions just ask me on discord

Sir -- thank you for putting this event in place.   Who won and in what order?   The one thing I came away with was that "Traits do Matter," even in a shuttle. 

Qa'Pla

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

sean hill
Science - Fleet Captain

Awarded:

I noramly don't like posting on these things but this I feel warrents me saying something.As far as the circumstances of the top gun it's about puting your best ship on stage no restrections no ban lists how can somones skill and set up shine when you have over half your powers/abilitys cut?On my end the cut of sci powers and gear mark( photnic fleet,any epg powered aoe) made me unable to even try to particapate and tiped the scales to tac and engi who had no powers cut and full use of there skill trees.There are ways around all ships if you look hard enough but no one player can beat all ship setups it's the varity that topgun can bring that makes players learn and improve.

Please don't take this as a rant or a complant but my view on what makes the top gun compation what it is a event that has the best pilots,the best ship set ups and opens players to new ideas and concepts.Thanks for reading I am open and willing to help anyone with set ups for most any path a toon is sci,tac or engi as I play all three but my main is sci and where most of my skill is at so feel free to contact me when im on and il do what i can to help.

CAPT Preston
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

I take all your criticism under advisement. Thanks all. Also, Sapel won, Commodore Richter came second, smaug third and me fourth. Thanks to all of you for showing up the other week

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Fleet Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: