View previous topic :: View next topic  
djteke
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: For a Growing 7th Fleet & Armada.

ATTENTION ALL PERSONNEL:

We had a brief discussion over discord chat yesterday about how to make our fleet grow.

The idea I had would make it a lot easier to filter out bad from the good.  

1. I see we have a lot of small groups that are not doing much on our Armada page.   I would suggest to removed the 2 lowest ones to start.

2. Create  (the 7th Fleet Alpha) and (the 7th Fleet Bravo) for starts.   These 2 fleets will be the entry level fleets and it will be the recruiting fleets for the main 7th Fleet.   You would have to put 2 fleet Captains in charge of these two fleets with proper chain of command.   It will be up to the Fleet Captains to promote these new players based on their knowledge of the game, activity, and contributions to our fleet.   Once they reach Captain they would have a choice to stay or move on to the main 7th Fleet.   Once these 2 fleets are maxed out we would create a Charlie and Delta Fleet.  This would make things run smoother and give our ranks some more things to do to stay active.  Also easy to weed out people.   All fleets will still need to adhere to the Uniform Dress Codes and Regulations of the main fleet.  We would have to use our Alts to create this fleet.

3. Benefit of the future would be able to do fleet vs fleet exercises and competitions as well. 

4. I want to see this fleet become much more active around the clock.

5. I am willing to take over one of them since I am on the other side of the world and notice not many people are on during the times I am on.  This will benefit us in getting more coverage.  I am very active on this game as well.   "That's if you vote to promote me with my own division"

6.  We need to figure out our discord and communications between them.  I am sure it should not be to difficult. 

Please give us some input.   During the conversation most agreed that this would be a good idea.  

Thank you.
Capt. TeK E
USS GUAM

Awarded:

Not a bad idea tbh, I like the idea as a way of contributing to the entire Armada as a whole and kinda designating more active roles within the fleet community itself. Could potentially help with the timezone issues as you described. Personally I love projects like this and I certainly would be willing to help out if needed!

Awarded:

Sounds like we have some good ideas in the thread.  Let's have anyone who wants to, put in their $.02, and get a good discussion going.  If possible, also attend the monthly staff meeting on Thursday, February 22, 2100 EST so that we can decide what we want to do with this.  If you can't make the meeting, please send a PM to VADM JT Kerry about what you would like to see happen, so that he can add it to the agenda for that meeting.  

Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

I should be at the meeting

One of the amada fleets is already owned by us, one of our previous FCPTs is still in charge of it but however doesn't play the game anymore, something that would need to be nailed out is wether or not the active command of a subfleet would be continuously active to keep everything going. We've had this idea before and I de believe that the Admiralty had their concerns about it. As I think whomever has control has absolute control over what happens within the fleet. NOT SAYING THAT ANYONE WOULD. But there remains the possability that someone could decide to take everything and walk away with it all, resources and all. Again thats something that we'd have to nail out. As for discord comms most of it can be set up and monitored easily, I get all updates sent to me and know whats happening constantly whenever you guys do something (or get your comments deleted/marked as spam), and all that is easy to set up on a new discord or make room on our existing one.

This is something that should be bought up in the next fleet meeting, but there's a lot that needs to be checked and ironed out about it.

Us crazy Aussies need to stick together
VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Ries said:

One of the amada fleets is already owned by us, one of our previous FCPTs is still in charge of it but however doesn't play the game anymore, something that would need to be nailed out is wether or not the active command of a subfleet would be continuously active to keep everything going.

That would be Anton Mercer, and he isn't inactive due to lack of interest. His PC went down and he is in the process of building another.  I sent him a parts list last week.  He should be up and running soon.  But, I will contact him today or tomorrow to see if he could be at the next Staff Meeting.  I am open to all of this and am looking forward to hearing what we come up with - it should be interesting.

I have been in contact with one of the Devs on the issues we had with the 20 man event last month.  Hopefully, it will not be an issue the next time.  It was either a glitch on their end, or user error due to not understanding the new setup.  Cryptic revamped the system over 6 months ago.  I went back and read some of the Patch Notes for the past year.  They started changing thing in April of 2017, and worked most of the bugs out by August.  That doesn't mean there isn't an issue.  The fixes they put in place could have been broken with the new season or with the updates done for the 8th Anniversary.

I told the Dev that, if there is a patch for it, that we would test it, which means getting a 20 man event going.  I will keep everyone informed.

Happy Hunting,

JT

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

JT did you not request fleet command yet? If not I can download everything on my Laptop. It should at least let me load into the game to switch command or at least open everything up, which I honestly thought I did the last time I logged in. I just finished my taxes and when I get them i'm going to order the parts for my PC and should be on more regularly.

EDIT: Actually I promoted JT. Its got that provisional period but its started.

Last edited by Anton Mercer on 02/06/18 22:04; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

I actually love this idea. It will give me a reason to play my alt more. If we set up a fleet in both the European timezone and the South East Asian timezone, we can get more players that way. But maybe we could call them squadrons, instead of fleets, as they are offshoots of the main fleet? Just a suggestion when it comes to the naming

The thunder from down under
CPT Darrick Lurr
Tactical - Captain

I really like the idea. I could see it drastically improving events and get together as well as some friendly pvp.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: