Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

re: Lost in Space

Well, gosh darnit, them good folks at NetFlix have done it again:

https://www.netflix.com/title/80104198

Jupiter II - 2018

Jupiter II - 1965

The boy we all wanted to be.....Will Robinson

who later became as an adult........trivia answer!

Lost in Space, on Netflix.  Cool Beams.  I wonder if it was be as good as ST: Discovery?

Qa'pla

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Lost in Space was one of my all time favorite TV shows. Was it campy? Yup, but that was TV in the 60's. But I still have fond memories of watching it with my brothers along with Batman. In fact, if I didn't know any better, I would swear that the round Lukari ship was an homage to the Jupiter II. Let's hope that the reboot does for Lost in Space what the new Battlestar Galactica did for the original.

From what I read, they did a good job with the new show FYI.

I got about half way into the first episode. Didn't care for it one little bit. The charters were way too off from the original and I found it difficult to follow.

Shame really, had many fond memories watching the original with my dad. Was really looking forward to this.

Awarded:

I might give it a try.  Even though I grew up in the 1970s and it was running all the time on the few channels we had back then, I never watched it more than a couple minutes.  Star Trek TOS I got addicted to back then, but never LiS.  Maybe for someone like me, who has nothing to compare it to, it might be good.

Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

I enjoyed it. The twists on the original show up more as you watch, so don't get too discouraged. They changed it enough to make it new, but peppered it with hints of the original. Definitely in the vein of BSG in terms of remakes, though: they didn't just modernize the special effects, they made a new show. Personally, I'm glad not to be watching the old one all over again (especially the 1994 movie remake remade).

VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

It is a reboot.  I've been watching it on my lunches, since it launched.  I think they did a very good job with it.  The old story creeps in with the interactions of the original character line.  I liked the original, and I'm liking this one. This effects are really good and not over done. And the storyline isn't the campy '60s, but it is well done.  It kind of stands on its own.  I think you all will enjoy it.

JT 

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: