Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> 7th Imperial Tactical Squadron
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: 7th ITS - Armada Invite from "KLANS of the Iron Fist&am

Hi all,

When I logged into STO tonight into the KDF Fleet, I got the popup pictured below, it seems we've been invited to join an Armada as a Beta Fleet.  I clicked on "Later" in case this is something that has been negotiated that I hadn't heard about yet.  I haven't gotten anything in Fleet7.com or STO in-game messaging about it, but you never know.  Here is the invite so that you can see the Fleet inviting us:

The current state of our 7th ITS Armada is as follows:

We have one Beta Fleet, plus we have the 7th OSG which is our own fake beta Fleet, so there is not much going on in our Armada.  It's been very difficult to get the Armada filled up on the KDF side.  We should all get on the same page and decide what we want to do.  Did anyone talk to this Fleet that's sending the invite?  Anyone know who they are or what they are like?  Should we consider joining their Armada?  Again, I clicked on Later, because I assume it's the kind of thing where when enough members of the Fleet click on Accept or Decline, then the decision will be made one way or the other.  I did not want to click on Accept or Decline without talking to all of you first.  Does the fact that their Armada level number is less than ours mean that their Armada is smaller than ours?  If so, maybe we can get them to join our Armada.  They have a lot of members.

Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

I talked to COMO Richter about it, and he asked me to contact them and see if they are interested in joining our Armada instead, since they seem smaller.

Science - Fleet Captain

Sorry, traveling and on old lap top.  Left my power cord for may gaming lap top at home. 

Some issues:

1) Irrean Night Watch is supposed to be a Charlie Fleet under the 7th OSG.  I could never figure out how to move them.  Also, then have seem to gone silent, as I have reached out a few times with no response. 

2) I think the Invite feature at the Armada level is new and they might be just spamming the airwaves.   I would always track down the leadership and send PM's about joining our Armada.  

3) Until today, I have never seen this group in-game.  I'm a pretty familiar with the high player Fleets on the KDF side.  

4) I long given up trying to find KDF fleets to fill our own rooster.  I believe the more organized fleets formed up with Armadas early-on in the process.  I would of had no problem being a Charlies fleet under the feet of the House of Beautiful Orions. 

5) I have a toon in "Special Circumstances KDF."  He is currently sitting on over 6K Fleet marks because the Armada is full and all the Fleets, except for one in-active fleet have completed all their projects. 

6) I know I have a problem trying to get rid of Fleet Marks on the 7th Fleet side as well, as too many of those fleets have finished their fleet projects.  

7) Hate to say it, but I believe STO has peaked and now in its twilight years.    Perfect World/Cryptic lack imagination, ability, and financial resource to make this game what it should be.   Case in point, the Armada system could of been so much more, but it fell way short of expectations. 

Qa'pla

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

If the I.T.S. is looking to join an active armada, I would suggest looking at the 44th Fleet's KDF side, 44th Assault Squadron.  Great group of guys and very active.  Not sure if they have a vacant spot, it would be something to ask if the interest was there.  I still have the 44th Fleet(s) Admiral added as a friend and could give that handle to anyone that wanted.

Awarded:

I seem to recall 10th MACO was going to move their KDF fleet into our Armada as of last staff meeting. Just don't want to loose them should there be a restructure.

Lots to discuss after the weekend!

Have a great holiday weekend folk!

You are right regarding the 10th MACO. But I haven't heard anything more from them. If I recall the conversation, they said that they would look into it due to lack of activity on that side. 

Mike, I think that I see your problem. You said "4) I long given up trying to find KDF fleets to fill our own rooster." The trouble is that our rooster is already full of internal organs and such. Try filling our roster. That should work out far better than trying to stuff an already full chicken.   ;-p

But in all seriousness, I think that you have done one hell of a job getting the fleets that we already have. There just doesn't seem to be much interest in the Armada system anymore. I had erroneously thought that Star Trek Discovery would have boosted interest, but it didn't help. By the way, would that be abbreviated STD?  ;-)

Jump to: