View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt. Vashaar
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: Need advice from the fleet

After the wargames last night, I need to figure out what type of ship and build to be able to survive more than 20 seconds. So I have a few questions.

1. What type class would have the best survivability?

2. What type Fed ship would have best survivability.

3. Is there some site that has advice on how to outfit the ship?

The ship I brought last night had level XIV on almost everything, but could not last. I think the only Romulan ship that would stand a chance is the D'Deridex.

My federation toon has an Excelsior with over 100k hull strength, but shields are just under 12k, so I need advice on how to beef them up some.

Do I need to learn crafting to make what I will eventually need? I have never done it. 

I have been gone too long and the game has passed me by. I am going to go with a Federation toon and start from level one. 

Any advice is much appreciated.

Vashaar sends....

Search the fleet forums in the Ship Build section,  many posts on builds that people are using or have come up with.  Also search the STO Reddit threads.  Or if you are really lucky and catch Mr. Sapel, he might be able to help you.

Check out this build, its an insane beam build that does crazy DPS with great surviveability.

https://www.sto-league.com/tenores-s14-intel-dreadnought/#comments

Ever since season 13 ship survivability has been a problem. This makes the fleet neutronium consoles more important than ever. I fly with three of them on every ship that I own at best, and with two at worst.

Awarded:

What would be a good end game ship for my engineer. I started her from scratch and am learning again as I go. I just would like to know what ship to work toward.I do play faction specific ships, so I will only use Fed ships with her. I don"t know as nu h about them as I do Romguyulan, those I know,lol.

Awarded:

Well, as I can see Sean was on the winning team at the war games, I can tell you what killed you was likely his science abilities. If you're looking to survive and beat him, you'll need to focus on stopping exotic damage and his gravity wells. Of course, he has some special ships to combat people focusing on that, too, but he doesn't always bring them. Of course, it could have been any of the others on the team hitting a weak point on you, too.

War games building is different from building a ship for endgame content. You have to figure out how to beat the player and his ideas more than just have a strong DPS and survivability. Even some of the best surviving ships get taken down eventually in non-1v1 war games (1v1 is yet another story altogether). 

To be honest, I'd focus more on having fun, deciding how you might like to exploit a system in the game for a fun build and go with that. We have ships that keep healing forever, we have ships with as many pet summons as possible, we have ships that focus on stopping and holding others in place indefinitely... it goes on and on. Bring a ship like that to the war games and throw off the the status quo of the opponent, and you'll find the games change drastically. 

I for one stopped bringing my one-ship-kills-all ship to the war games, for the most part. Its more fun for others if you throw in the surprises. Usually. }:)

Capt. Vashaar
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

I have decided to remain with Science as my main. My first Battle E cam as Science on an Excelsior class. IF I do my Romulan science, I need the exact right ship. Federation has many more choices for me.

+1 to Will Phoenix post above.

Two Words:  Temporal Dreadnought

Note: Romulan Science vessels have always been a tad weak.  I believe the "Devs" did this on purpose to "balance the scales" because of the Singularity Core traits.   I have four Romulan/Reman Toons and happy with their day-to-day and end-game performance. 

Well, when it comes to War Games, I always thought about this as I got blown up:

Qa'pla

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Capt. Vashaar
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

I have the same experience. I just chew things apart with almost any Romulan ship, except for wargames. Next time I will be loaded for beer. I am working on my Fed science toon in a Jupiter carrier with a "dirty tricks" build. The only Battle E I had won was in an Excelsior. I was in my mode of running ships that were more specific to other professions. It is still my favorite Fed ship, for sentimental reasons. The new JH  wnd Cardassian seem to have something to offer every profession. I really appreciate all the feedback. Still trying to relearn everything. 

Awarded:

What is the "Go to" set for ship build now days?

Awarded:

Here is my go to weekly reading for all things STO ships.

https://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/

I think Will Phoenix said it all - fly what you have fun in.

Jump to: