View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheila Rodger
Engineering - Fleet Captain

Awarded:

re: Best Rep Sets to make up for Ship

Hi all I was just wondering I am a Engineer hooked to the Fed threw my Jem'Hadar an was looking to build a space set threw reputations.

Looking for a few ideas on what you all think are the best sets to get.

Z. Barrett
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

I haven't kept up with the recent meta, but so far, on both my PC and PS4 builds, full Iconian is still good.

Awarded:

depends on ship really - seating and all - cant ever go wrong with above post of 4 piece iconian - another is nukara shields / spire core builds. tanky full shields adapted maco is still goto. take a look at reddit/stobuilds or post what kinda  ship ur running and i will help ya build! 

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Sheila Rodger
Engineering - Fleet Captain

Awarded:

I was thinking of doing up my Temporal Battlecruiser.  Don't have anything on it as of yet so am open for ideas

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

I still run full Iconian as well.  Even after they nerfed it awhile back it's still good.  Other then that all I know is Adapted MACO is another favorite of mine mixed in as a 2 piece with another 2 piece.  Last I read it's about as balanced as it's ever been and it depends on what you want to do with your ship really.  My builds are in the forums under loadouts for a Reliant, Akira, and Defiant.  Built them around an older meta style build, still work good.

The best answer is:  "it depends" or "it depends on a lot of things."  First and foremost, your time/effort to grind out for "free" sets or you break out your wallet and just buy what you want, including the dilithium for the repetition sets.   Also, even for the repetition sets, you must grind to earn "marks" to buy the gear.    I'm cheap and don't mind grinding for goodies and/or marks.  My latest toon uses the Aegis set I bought on the exchange for about $3.3 million EC per piece.  If I was a little more motivated, I could of also built the set using the R&D tabs.  I try to keep my newer toons to only two types of weapons; why, because I'm too cheap to upgrade a bunch of weapons to MK XV.  Note:  If a toon is using Phasers and Tetyron weapons, I will have both cannons and beams, which can use the same tactical consoles.  Just remember the old saying:  "Time is money, friend."   FYI, good advise above as well.

Qa'pla

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Nimmoth
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

colony deflector is is goto part of sets now too, forgot that cuz i need to get one

also 2pc competitive wargames set too with the spire core/colony deflector

i just finished the lukari and competive sets finalllyyy...next gamma then i will every set in the game muahahaha

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
CPT Darrick Lurr
Tactical - Captain

The Ico full set is one of if not the best all around set to run. However, if you look up other builds that others have done you will see a mix up of 1-4 sets that utilize weps, equip and consols.

I ran the Counter command on my first build (SnakeEye Mk1) because it gave good phaser bonuses and a torp bonus that allowed the set torpedo to do massive damage. I also ran the full Ico on my Arbiter when I first started building it and it was real good too.

I would recommend googling in this order; STO (Ship Class, teir and or fleet version) (Main weapon type). Normally you can find a few videos on the build too. However, i would also recommend you use them as a reference and don't copy and paste. Unless of course you have some deep pockets. 

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: