View previous topic :: View next topic  
VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Star Trek Discovery - Season 3

I thought this was just a 2 season wonder, but I just got notification of Season 3 :

Discovery Season 3

Enjoy,

JT

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

W. Anders
Science - Captain

Pretty excited!

VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Now that Les Moonves is out of CBS, maybe the other executives can see Star Trek in a more favorablr light.  Moonves hated Star Trek, which I thought odd, since it started the whole concept of the "franchise".  Before Star Trek there were no conventions, merchandise, etc.  Star Trek made money for everyone who owned it.

We can only hope that the board of CBS puts a sales person in charge of the franchise, and removes the laywers from making the decisions on how and what to license.  Fan Films should be licensed when they exceed 15 minutes, and they should be allowed to exist.  If the fanbase like the concept proposed by a film maker, and they can raise the funds to produce the film, then CBS should look at the level of complexity and license the film appropriately.  If the film maker agrees and can pay the licensing fee, then they should be able to make the film and whatever entisements they promised to the fans for the donations to the project, with the stipulation that the end product is distributed for free viewing by non-doner fans - which is the nature of a "fan film".

But, currently, CBS still has a laywer involved and incharge of the franchise's licensing, which makes no sense what so ever.

JT

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Interesting....I was really hoping that they would just drop "Discovery" story and leave them to the future.  That way they could of focused on Captain Pike, "young" Spock and the early voyages of the Starship Enterprise.   Also, a separate series based on Section 31 would be welcomed as well.  Cheers!

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: