View previous topic :: View next topic  
VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Photobucket issues

It looks like Photobucket is down.  We may want to move the signatures over to the website Image Library.  We should discuss this at the next Staff Meeting.

JT

Last edited by VADM JT Kerry on 12/30/19 15:31; edited 1 time in total
VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry

Awarded:

FYI everyone, the signatures are down due to an outage on the Photobucket website.  I can't even login to our account.

https://photobucket.com/notice/news/

This isn't acceptable in my view, so I am testing an alternative.  I am using my signature as a test and am using the website image gallery as a starting point.  I will keep you posted.  If all works, we may have to update all our signatures in our profiles.

Regards,

JT

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry

Awarded:

OK, I deleted and uploaded the image, with a change.  It doesn't do what Photobucket does.  It adds a number to the file, which means the image will need re-adding it to your profile with each change.  I know that Mediafire does something similar, which screws with the ability to change the image (update ribbons) and keep the URL address the same.  We will have to see what Photobucket does with the upgrade to their servers.

JT

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

Keep up the good work in addressing this.  Much appreciated!

Awarded:

FYI all,

I think Guild Launch gave me a workable solution.  We are in the Testing Phase.  I will follow up with instructions as soon as we are sure.

JT

COMO Sapel
Science - Commodore

Awarded:

Testing new namebar

Awarded:

Test

VADM JT Kerry

Awarded:

FYI, Photobucket is still out.  Here is the letter that pops up when I try to log in:

photobucket

Dear Photobucket Members,

We apologize for the most recent site outage that continues to impact you. While our systems are coming back online, unfortunately, you are part of a small group of Members that are still affected and we sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We experienced a total power outage at our primary datacenter. Because of the abrupt nature of the power outage, our system wasn’t able to utilize backup processes to stay online without interruption. Many of our systems have come back online and we are making progress so that our site is available to all Members. The process for some Members has taken longer than expected and we are working diligently to bring the site up as fast as possible without compromising any photos on the site. Most importantly, your photos are safe!

I’m sorry, I understand your frustration as well as the hardship you may have experienced over the past weeks. We all rely on trusted digital partners to make our lives easier and when they let us down it’s irritating and disruptive.

We’ve learned a lot from this experience and we are taking major steps to prevent this from happening again. We continue to work around the clock until the website is fully functional for every Member and we will keep you updated as things progress. Over the next few months, our focus will shift to rolling out a new website and new mobile apps, built on a more reliable platform.

Thank you for your commitment and loyalty to Photobucket!

Ted

When Photobucket does come back online, I am downloading everything I don't already have and closing the account.  Guild Launch has given me an easier and more efficient way of posting our signatures.  I have already uploaded those images to our website and will be posting instructions within the week.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but, once in place, I will be able to maintain the signatures as before, and it will be a quicker process due to the files being on the same server.

Thanks for your patience.

JT

Fleet Admiral E. Fortin
Tactical - Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

To test or not to test that is the question.

Awarded:

Photobucket looks to be back online.  I will be PMing the Fleet with instructions to transition everyone to the 7th Fleet website for the Namebar this week, and then I will be removing out images from Photobucket and closing the account.

JT

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: