Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> 7th Imperial Tactical Squadron
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

re: KDF Battlecruiser

Hey, I'm looking at playing my Klingon more just to get more out of the game.  I got the Vor'ral right now and thought about just getting the fleet version and upgrading it to an X.  Is there any other battlecruisers I should consider? Looking at anything that has that D7/K'Tanga/Vorcha look to it.  Thanks in advance.  (Tactical Captain btw)

The D7 Miracle Worker Flight Deck cruiser is a great ship, assuming that you have already used your free promo chit. If not, there is another D7 that has both miracle worker and intel on it and is the best ship in the game by general consensus. The D7 mentioned previously is a good cruiser, but not available through the zen store.

If you are looking for DPS, I recommend anything with CMDR miracle worker seating and 7-9 slots outside of the tactical. You will get your highest damage with one of those. If you just want a theme ship, the Vor'ral isn't a bad one and the trait on the ship is good too. Best of luck in your search!

Richter

VADM Wulfric Richter CoS wrote:

The D7 Miracle Worker Flight Deck cruiser is a great ship, assuming that you have already used your free promo chit. If not, there is another D7 that has both miracle worker and intel on it and is the best ship in the game by general consensus. The D7 mentioned previously is a good cruiser, but not available through the zen store.

Which D7 is considered the best?  I haven't used my campaign chit yet, was actually asking this to weigh my options.  Right now I'm playing around on the market with my saved up Zen to try and grab an Excelsior II so not looking to use it on a Fed ship.

You will have to go through each one and see it's seating. It has a commander engineering with miracle worker, and it has intel seating so that you can run OSS. I believe that it is the D7 Miracle-Worker Flight-Deck Carrier. Regardless, ensure that it has a CMDR miracle worker seat and an intel seat and you have the right one.

Thanks. I'd got some Discovery weapons awhile back that look super cool for a KDF cruiser.  I probably need to freshen up on abilities too.  No clue what OSS is.  I stilll run pretty standard setups similar to the old dragon builds.

Sorry about the alphabet soup! OSS is override subsystem safeties. It increases the power cap from 125 to 150 - 175 depending on your power settings and if you dumped a Red Matter Capacitor (available from the Phoenix box). People use in tandem with the miracle worker seating. Miracle worker abilities Mixed Armaments Synergy III gives a boost of +50% damage for 10 seconds for different weapon types. That's why I run beams, dual heavy cannons, and a torp. The boff ability gives each different weapon a +50% boost for 10 seconds. That's why I use the Discovery dual beam bank, the Terran dual heavy cannon, the Terran beam array, and the Discovery dark matter torp. When using reputation items, you get the +2% all damage passive boost, and the reputation set bonuses for using other equipment with it.

Narrow Sensor Bands III also gives a boost to weapon damage from 25% - 50% based on distance to target. This is why the closer you are, the more damage that you do at close range, with point blank giving the highest output. Using both of these abilities grants +100% damage bonus, and when used with OSS that translates to a lot of damage if your weapons power is 150 - 170ish. That's why a lot of people were very happy when the Klingon ships became available for Fed and vice versa with a level 65 KDF toon or if purchased on the C store.

A lot of the old equipment still works in the current game (good news for old guys like myself!). The newer equipment can be researched on YouTube. Check out the creators Augmented Dictator, MC Stu, and Casual SAB. They are all high DPS players and have a ton of build and equipment vids as well as ship reviews. And if I can be of any further help, you need only ask! Hope that you had an enjoyable Christmas and that I get to see you in game!

Richter

Thanks for all the info!  Now I just need to figure out what I could live without to replace some stuff.  I've watched some YouTube but I've notice a lot of stuff is a year or more old (though still applicable).

I ended up going with a Fleet Vor'ral and upgraded it to the X.  It was a free route and I like the looks of it.  Kinda torn on looks of the D7 models.  I also upgraded my B'Rel to a Fleet version for when I feel like messing around in a classic.

Jump to: