View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: April Events Schedule Approved by Fleet Admiralty

Signature Block

April is Klingon Appreciation Month

Sponsored by the 7th Imperial Tactical Squadron

Wednesday 2 April:  2030 EDT Tour of 7th I.T.S.  Star Base.  Question and answer for new KDF players about this much maligned and misunderstood faction.  Staff will provide assistance to new KDF recruits.  Klingon trivia with Captain Thu’fir with fabulous prizes.  Bloodwine toasts.  Party at the strip club.  Survivors can pass out in easy chairs or loll about on the Mugato rug at the glorious fireplace.

Friday 4 April: 2030 EDT Bat’leth Tournament: The traditional Bat’leth tourney. Everyone gets issued a generic Bat'Leth, and no other equipment is allowed. The best warrior wins. Then we'll try a new event: Unarmed Team Combat in pairs.

Saturday 5 April: 2030 EDT Space Warfare PvP. We'll have a large fleet action with just KDF faction elements. After repairs and funeral rites, we'll end the night with a Klingon Tour of the Galaxy: Qo’noS, Ganalda Station, Drozana Station, New Romulus, and DS9.

Monday 7 April: 2030 EDT Kick-a-Tribble Night. We will focus on testing PvP wargaming scenarios for future Fleet events. For example we can playtest a wargame scenario in a PvP map with rules of engagement, victory conditions other than a kill count, and a referee. Imagine here a Kobayashi Maru scenario including a Fed player or two, or a Balance of Terror scenario.

Wednesday 9 April: 2030 EDT Kick-a-Borg @ Ker’ret War Zone. The 7th Imperial Tactical Squadron will invade the Ker'ret Zone and terrorize it. There may be stiff opposition from Federation units, as well as the Borg.  See http://sto.gamepedia.com/War_Zone for info about how this zone works.

Saturday 12 April: 1400 EDT Mid Day Madness.  Get as many people together as we can at 2pm EDT so that people in the European time zones can get their KDF group on and not have to stay up until 3am their time. European players get to name whatever instances or missions they want to run.

Monday 14 April: 2030 EDT Kick-a-Tribble Night with shuttle vs. shuttle PvP!  Anything goes for equipment, although there may be one or two items we may ask you not to mount on your shuttle. Basically anything that will break a scenario/instance.

Wednesday 16 April: 2030 EDT Kick-a-Borg @ Ker’ret War Zone. The 7th Imperial Tactical Squadron will invade the Ker'ret Zone and terrorize it. There may be stiff opposition from Federation units, as well as the Borg.  See http://sto.gamepedia.com/War_Zone for info about how this zone works.

Friday 18 April: 2030 EDT  Mission re-play.  “The Undying” [minimum level 22, melee weapons only] and “Fistful of Gorn” [min level 24]  Prerequisite: level 22 and 24, and all earlier missions in the “Wasteland” campaign previously completed.

Saturday 19 April: 2030 EDT Mission re-play:  “Coliseum” [level 28] and “Cutting the Cord” [level 29].  Prerequisite: level 28 and 29, and all earlier missions in the “Freedom” [Romulan] or “Romulan Mystery” [Klingon] campaign previously completed.

Monday 21 April: 2030 EDT Kick-a-Tribble night. Tonight we will focus on adding as much as we can to the KDF Fleet Holdings.

Friday 25 April: 2030 EDT  Original Series [TOS] Friday. TOS Tuesdays are going away, but we are still going to be running the event occasionally. This will be the second monthly Fleet event for TOS, after our 5th Anniversary event that we ran in March! This time it's a KDF TOS event, so dig out your Klingon and Romulan Original Series uniforms, weapons, and ships. We'll do something fun as a group. Meet up at K-7, party under the Disco Ball, run a scenario or two, and if people are up for it, TOS PvP Fleet Action!

Saturday 26 April: 1400 EDT Mid Day Madness.  Get as many people together as we can at 2pm EDT so that people in the European time zones can get their KDF group on and not have to stay up until 3am their time. European players get to name whatever instances or missions they want to run.

Monday 28 April: 2030 EDT Kick-a-Tribble night. Tonight we will focus on adding as much as we can to the KDF Fleet Holdings.

Last edited by VADM Kor on 04/22/14 22:27; edited 5 times in total
VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

What Klingon ships are considered TOS? Will a Vor' Cha work or does it have to be D7?

My 2 cents, if it is what you got, then go for it.  Just happy to have you along for the ride.   Final decision rest with our glorious Commodore! 

The 7th I.T.S. welcomes you!

7th I.T.S. on patrol.

Submitted by:  Capt Hawat Thu'fir, 7th I.T.S.

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

/PRIORITY ROUTINE

STARDATE 2414.03.29

MSGID ADMIN 

TO ALL 7TH ITS COMBAT ELEMENTS 

FR 7ITS HQ 

SUBJ LECTURE: KLINGON CULTURE AND TRADITIONS

ADMIN RMKS/

As part of Klingon Appreciation Month, I have asked one of my leading science captains to provide some insights into Klingon Culture and traditions.

Captain Hawat Thu'fir did not join the Klingon Defense Force until later in life.  For most of his life, he was but a humble research scientist studying Astrophyics and Warp Theory.   During this time, he was only the third Klingon to accept a fellowship at the prestigious Daystrom Institute and spent many years there, as well, as the Vulcan Science Academy.  He even taught for a year at Starfleet Academy as a guest professor.   His accolades are too numerous to mention, but he is highly regarded by both the Empire and the Federation.

The violent death of his Vulcan wife and children at the hands of the Borg, combined with the recent and inevitable hostilities between our glorious Empire and the treacherous Federation, have brought this humble scientist into the KDF to serve the Empire to seek out his revenge.   He has served with honor and distinction for over 22 years; a few of those years as an instructor at the Klingon Science Academy.   For example, most of our telekinesis weaponization program was a direct result of his fine work.  As both a scientist and as a warrior, there are few that I trust as much as Captain Thu'fir to get the job done.  I believe you will find his insights into Klingon culture to be informative. 

Talissss, Commanding General 7th Imperial Tactical Squadron

PS Don't forget our follow up presentation after Captain Thu'fir's lecture.  It will be in the 7th ITS strip club-- "The history of the Orion Slave Girl."

//HQ SENDS

btw you still owe me for them

Awarded:

Frank Murphy wrote:

btw you still owe me for them

What, the dancers?  Did you buy them?

Not many warriors can resist those green women!

well i am orion so...

btw i will get on tonight but just till 9

Awarded:

Was looking forward to participating in the events, but looks like my schedule has changed and I'm not available most evenings now. I'll try to make the kick-a-tribble events though.

Many thanks to all that participated in our first event.  Good times had by all.  However, what happens at the 7th I.T.S. Starbase, stays at the Starbase.  (Hint:  Frat Party x 3). 

Of 17 questions asked on Klingon trivia, the participants were only stumped twice. 

Submitted by: Capt Thu'fir

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

davisjm0311

I'll do my best to be there tonight, but I'll most likely be late or not make it until after the event is over. 

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

I'll be working most of the event nights :-(  But I'll try to make it to the ones I can.

Awarded:

4/2 Attendance and results: Starbase Tour and Trivia Contest

@VeeMaxx
@wupteedo [co-hosted event]
@Mark_D [hosted event]
@incitatis
@knightblu
@davisjm0311

After a wild party in the strip club and a tour of the 7th ITS Starbase, Thu'fir@wupteedo ran a trivia contest.  He had enough questions so that we have around 18 more questions saved for running another trivia contest later in the month.  There were 2 questions we were not able to answer.  Mr. Davis won the contest and received the most fabulous prize, a kick ass Orion female Tac Bridge Officer.  Everyone who participated also got a prize.  

Edit: Toasting at the Bloodwine Fountain

Toasting to Glory at the Fountain

Last edited by VADM Kor on 04/09/14 17:57; edited 2 times in total

Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

4/4 Attendance and Results: Bat'leth Tournament and Unarmed Combat in Pairs

@4tribble
@Midpoint
@Mark_D [hosted event]
@knightblu

We decided to go ahead with the tournament even though we had only four contestants.  This allowed us to do round robin without elimination, though.  Everyone fought everyone, and the winner was Gorgas@knightblu with three victories.  He was undefeated and is the new Bat'leth champion!  Kurak@4Tribble was our previous champion, and he had two victories, nearly holding onto the title.  We then forged ahead with testing the new unarmed combat event by fighting two on two, and the results were predictably hilarious.  Everyone had fun with that and we recommend it for future events with more fighters per side at once.

Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

4/5 Attendance and Results: Space Fleet PvP Action and Rumble in the Deserted Facility

@4Tribble
@incitatis
@VeeMax
@davisjm0311

@wupteedo
@knightblu
@Mark_D [hosted event]
@midpoint

For this event, the vision was to try to fill up a space PvP map.  We only had four per side, but we proceeded to blast one another into oblivion anyway.  We set up a Cracked Planetoid map and the groups were as in the list, with the top four on one team and the bottom four on the other.  Mr. Davis' team beat the snot out of us but fun was had by all.  The map score was set to 99, so we decided to conclude the battle after Mr. Davis' team racked up an impressive 52 to 12 score.  We then opened a Deserted Facility battle and did 4 on 4 unarmed combat fights, which pretty much had everybody laughing, and with the usual tomfoolery and hijinks.  We should definitely fill the map up sometime and do this 10 on 10.  It's done in the south room where we always hold the Bat'leth Tournament fights.  Just imagine 20 warriors up there duking it out unarmed all at once...

PM me if I got the teams on the list for the space battle wrong.  I didn't write down the players until after the event and teams are what I remember, so let me know if I got it wrong and I'll edit it.

Edit: I just looked back through the logs because I remembered that I got an accolade during the PvP match but it flashed by too fast for me to see it.  It was two accolades actually, both Repulsive Rending and Conductive Cleaving, for receiving 200,000 and 500,000 points of Polaron damage respectively.  I may have gotten zapped for over half a mil Polaron damage during that epic beat-down, but now I have +2 Polaron resistance!  Whoohooo!

Last edited by VADM Kor on 04/07/14 18:13; edited 1 time in total

sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Thanks for running this Mr. Kor, and my apologies for lack of attendance; I simply haven't been able to get on during prime time lately.

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: