Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> 7th Imperial Tactical Squadron
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

re: Klingon Culture 101

Capt Hawat Thu'fir and Bridge Crew

Greetings 7th Fleet

By order of Commodore Kor, Commander of the 7th I.T.S., I have been ordered to provide you some unique insights and prospective of Klingon culture and history.   I was chosen for this assignment due to my close relationship with Races from the Federation, including a year of teaching at your Starfleet Academy.  This is long before hostilities broke out between our respective Empires.  

Let's get started.  If its one thing I have learned about Federation races, especially Humans, is that they are highly motivated by the need to reproduce or procreate, especially with other humanoids.  Your Admiral James T. Kirk being a prime example of this; to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and civilizations, to boldly go where no man has fornicated before.   That said, almost all space faring species have a word for this in one way or another, however,  Rishathra - "sexual practices outside of one's own species but with intelligent humanoids"; is known and used throughout the quadrant.  My good friend, Capt. Smaug named his Risian Corvette "Rishathra."  I digress.

To know a culture, one must start at the beginning, and by beginning, I mean that cultures primary creation myth.  The first video that you will watch is actually a two-for-the-price-of-one, which features a Klingon marriage ceremony, which our creation myth is part of; two Klingon hearts beating as one. 

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Having taught for several years at the Klingon Academy, I had several prepared lectures on Federation cultures, especially Humans, that where required attendance by our students.  Even today, many KDF Officers tell me that my cultural lectures on Federations races where some of their favorites.  In order to be fair and balanced, I am including these as part of this lecture series.  By letting you look in our "mirror" as we perceive you, you can let me know if I can make improvements to my own lectures.   This is a short vid I used to explain the "Adam & Eve" creation myth used by most humans. 

Even other Federation races agree that this explains baseline Human behavior. 

Submitted by:  Captain Hawat Thu'fir

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Not sure exactly what the second video is implying; humor me and spell it out, please?

Of course, Captain pRett.

Granted, about a third of the lecture series goes into great detail about human culture/society, but since you are a Cardassian I will keep it simple and to the point.

Human values/culture favor what I would call the feminine nature/traits of their species.  Many human males demonstrate what human sociologist call "effeminate" (womanlike) traits; hence, the above vid.  From my own time on Earth, for every potential male warrior, there seem to be just as many that would be content to stay home and raise children.  On a side note, I have found many human females that are also good warriors as well.  They will still bear children, but leave them home with their effeminate mates to raise.    IMHO, this is a major cultural divide between the Federation and the Empire.   See attached:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK8IcuEAWGc

Submitted by:  Captain Thu'fir, 7th I.T.S., Science & Exploration Division

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Based on some private messages I have received, I will "cut to the chase" as you Federation types would say.  

How do you attract a female Klingon for the purposes of rishathra?  Once again, let's turn to the vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITmnIY_H24o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hNMwxY4-Vk

Added:  Looks like I had a "my bad" moment.  I apologize to the Female Captains of the 7th Fleet.   Klingon males are curious as well, but due to human females being so "fragile," we tend not to pursue these relationships.  However, if you decide to pursue rishathra with a Klingon male, it is pretty simple -- just ask him to prove himself.  Another option is to scream at him, hit him upside the head, growl, throw things at him, and follow-up with a bite or too; but don't break the skin.   Some form of birth control is recommended as well.  For it is written:  Once you have been with a Klingon, you will throw rocks at your own species.

Strongly suggest that a Medical Bay be nearby if you decide to pursue this endeavor. 

Submitted by:  Captain Thu'fir, 7th I.T.S., Exploration & Science Division

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Wupteedo wrote:

...but since you are a Cardassian...

Capt p'Rett is an Andorian, thank you, and I was asking as the player behind the toon, since the video seemed to imply a different message.

Dating a Klingon and Marriage advice.  In my travels, I have found that between the various specious that practice "pair-bonding," many things are very similar.

A wise man, indeed.

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Regrets Warriors, duties to my own House have kept me busy these few weeks. 

Below is an example of the Klingon Tea Ceremony, for as we all know, death is an experience best shared.  Of special note, Worf made mention several times in one of his books, of the influence Dr. Katherine Pulaski had on him early in his career in Starfleet.   Watch and learn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iipDf1XkWXs

~Maiax~

Now, this is an excellent read; congratulations, Sir.

May we have more, please?

Cultural Relativity; who is really looking at whom.  Watch and learn, and you may be surprised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyE0x6-2jNc

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Klingon motivational music! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXNRkn7oTG0

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

On behalf of the 7th I.T.S., I thank you for your participation in Klingon Appreciation Month.  I hope you have found these lessons valuable in your future dealings with the members of the Empire.  In these troubling times, with new and powerful enemies all around us, we all need to start trusting each other and work together to fight our common foes.  

My good friend Worf gave me access to his personnel data files of his time with Starfleet.   Bloodwine, Vids, and death are all experiences that are best shared. 

Cheers, Capt Thu'fir

Worf's Best Quotes

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Bump'd for Klingon Appreciation Month, 2016!

Qapla'

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

This is a Mark III Klingon Disruptor, the most powerful hand weapon in the Empire,

and will dissolve your body to a pile goo.  Now ask yourself one question:  "Do you

feel lucky? Well, do you, petaQ?"

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> 7th Imperial Tactical Squadron All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: