Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> 7th Imperial Tactical Squadron
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T-Jericho

re: KDF Fleet Provisions

In an effort to upgrade my tactical cruiser, I got a map invite to another fleet's spire, hoping to purchase some tac consoles.  To be honest, I don't have much knowledge of fleet provisions, so I was surprised when I couldn't buy the consoles.  I assume this is because 7th I.T.S. has no provisions but I'm not sure.  The tac consoles are grayed out, even though the invite was to a T3 spire.  When I attempt to buy them anyway, the popup window says "Unable to buy item.  You must reach tier 3 in Research for your Spire in order to purchase this item."

Forgive my ignorance but what are my options?  I thought the whole purpose of an invite to another fleet's map was to be able to buy above grade...  Do I have to leave the 7th I.T.S. and join another fleet to make the purchase?  That seems extreme.  Also, in the culture of STO, is that considered acceptable?  If not, are there other good alternatives?

Thanks!

Awarded:

I would have thought you would be able to purchase them, but, I guess not.  The rules seem to change depending on what you're buying.

As for actually changing fleets for the sole purpose of making a purchase, I don't guess that is socially out of bounds or anything.  We do have some members that are in more than one fleet as a standard way of operating, so doing it for what you're thinking is probably not a big deal.

To be clear, my question about moving the character to another fleet was just for the purchase, then returning.  I'm not even sure that's possible as the new fleet might not allow purchases for some time.

There are fleets out there that will let you join for a fee so that you can utilize their provisions for higher tier gear.  The first few Fed fleets to hit T5 shipyard were doing it, so I'm sure there is a KDF fleet out there doing it, you would just have to get on the STO forums (were the portal of hell is) and research.  I'm sure that there aren't as many KDF fleets high lvl, so be prepared to have to shell out that fee.

Awarded:

Its also possible to join the NoP Public Service channel were they invite people to bases for free you may find a fleet willing to let you in for free as well to make the purchase, it's a bit of a long shot though, but it may save you the fee. But if it was telling you that you have to reach T3 then the invite you got was not to a T3 because I was able to buy T3 consoles on fed side and we do not have T3 yet for the spire.

You can buy fleet consoles from another fleets spire without leaving ours...I've done so. That being said you either got invited by someone who didn't actually have a t3 spire or we don't have the provisions as it uses our fleets provisions when you do so. 

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Another issue could be that our own Spire was out of items and needed to be re-stocked.  I understand that when you purchase consoles from other fleets, it actually takes the credit from our fleet store. 

Cheers.

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

If you end up needing to join the other Fleet temporarily just to buy an item you can't get because we're either out of provisions for it, or because our Tier isn't high enough, no problem.  If there is nobody "in game" to get you invited back into the Fleet, just PM me using this site's messaging system and I'll arrange to meet you online and get you back in.  I am a slug when it comes to checking the forums, but if you PM me it will send me the message to my personal e-mail, which I check constantly on my phone.

As for Fleet etiquette, I think everybody is pretty understanding about a need like this.  I can't speak for everyone in the Fleet, but I personally think it's no big deal if you want to drop a toon out of Fleet, join another Fleet for a purchase, then rejoin.  I sympathize since there's things I want in the Fleet Holdings but we can't get them yet due to our low Tiering or sometimes lack of provisions.  So, just let me know, I am up for helping you out with whatever you need in order to get the STO swag you are looking for.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> 7th Imperial Tactical Squadron All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: