View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: Surface Tension (SPOILERS)

OMG THE REAPERS ARE BA... oh wait.. wrong game? I thoroughly enjoyed the mission and was all fanboy excited right until that showed up in the cut scene. Kinda wished they hadn't gone that route as lore leaves much to the imagination about iconian looks and what not. Thoughts from those who have played the mission?

Had chills up my spine as I played through it..Definitely my favorite mission to date. Without trying to spoil much, the Iconian in the cutscene looked and acted how I imagined they would with their overpowered abilities and so on. Though it did remind me of a plant..or Sylvari for those that play Guild Wars 2 haha!

For those of you who haven't played it, make sure it's the first thing you do when you get on, well worth it! I'll definitely be replaying it every chance I get.

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

Now that was a mission!!  By far the best experience with the game and I hope they continue making missions this awesome. Stuff like this will bring back my urge to always want to play STO. 

Although with the new peace I wish they had a system in place that prevents you from fighting Klingons any more once you complete this mission.  I'll probably avoid missions that do for replay just to stay in theme with things.

My only compliant was the Voyager's bridge during the cutscene.  It had an Akira MSD like the default does for the class.  It just goes to show they really need to update their bridges.

Awarded:

ABSOLUTELY ENTERTAINING!!!  I enjoyed the crap out of that mission!

"No Horizon, Too Distant"
VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

A very well put together mission overall. With the enemies adding up, there needed to be peace between the Feds and Klingons. The Iconian intent has been known for some time, but it is interesting to see that they can be goaded into action. A move that they will come to regret, I am certain. The appearance of one and killing the Klingon Councilors marks an action that they sought to avoid according to their intelligence reports, but such is hubris. I do not believe that they feel that they are ready to invade, and any time between now and then will work against them as the ties between the races grow stronger in shared conflict. For this reason, I have to agree that making an appearance now was not a good idea.

The Iconians have removed all doubt as to their intentions and solidified the races against themselves. There can be no doubt that an existential threat exists. This will cause all advanced species to bind themselves to one another out of necessity in order to meet that threat. On the up side, the Allies need to explore the Iconian psychology to find other possible exploitable flaws in their psyche. They were tempted to action once by accident. It would be interesting to see if it can be done again by design.

Awarded:

I agree with everything that's been said. Fantastic episode.

Awarded:

Normally I don't go for the super long missions, but I think I might replay this one a couple of times. :)  I agree with all the great comments.

.......not a hundred percent sure that was an Iconian at the end....they do love being puppet masters after all...

Elthiar wrote:

.......not a hundred percent sure that was an Iconian at the end....they do love being puppet masters after all...

That's true, but then they might have been forced to reveal themselves after their failed attack on ESD to shatter any hope that was built up and to show what kind of power they have.

~Maiax~

But you realize, of course, that if this Whoever-it-was at the end would show up on Qo'nos and kill 6 of the Klingon Councilmembers just like that, she could do exactly the same to the Chancellor, both Admirals, and the Proconsul instead - this way rendering the new alliance completely defenceless and impossible to be formed. That's the main flaw of the plot (they overdid it in pursuit of dramatism).

I liked the tv series-like narration, it was very cool and in a ST spirit. Also nice that old faces return to action.

Awarded:

I finally got around to playing this episode - and it was well worth it.  It's one of the few episodes lately that really has a "Star Trek" feel to it, and not just a mediocre attempt to combine space and ground combat with a story.  I think the challenge will be to continue with this level of effort at a decent pace - I can't imagine it's easy, but it shows the game is headed in a good direction.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: