View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Fleet Artist Resources

Here is a link to get to some of the fleet logos and news template for anyone who wants to try their hand at some graphics:

http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/tt299/sparrow794/Fleet%207%20Artist%20Resources/

Awarded:

As full as your plate is, I hesitate to ask - would you be willing at some point to do a "signature basics" sort of class? Yours are always a shade or two beyond awesome, at a minimum.

Awarded:

Borannus wrote:
As full as your plate is, I hesitate to ask - would you be willing at some point to do a "signature basics" sort of class? Yours are always a shade or two beyond awesome, at a minimum.

u have to remember that he has photoshop so for him to have a "class" everyone would have to have photoshop. even if its just basics some of the editors r too different though gimp is somewhat close to photoshop. My suggestion is go to youtube, its how r learned, and look up gimp tutorials imo having FREE gimp compared to an almost 70$ investment isnt worth it... plus urs isnt bad at all i rather like it Happy

Awarded:

Thanks, I used GiMP to make it.

Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Anton Mercer wrote:
Borannus wrote:

u have to remember that he has photoshop so for him to have a "class" everyone would have to have photoshop. even if its just basics some of the editors r too different though gimp is somewhat close to photoshop. My suggestion is go to youtube, its how r learned, and look up gimp tutorials imo having FREE gimp compared to an almost 70$ investment isnt worth it... plus urs isnt bad at all i rather like it Happy

Photoshop is way more than $70. Try $500...

YARRR

Awarded:

If you'd like to try what Shack has at his disposal, or just take a peek, Adobe offers a legit full feature 30-day evaluation trial. Where you go from there is, well, up to you. Also, PowerPoint and Paint are super!

Awarded:

GiMP works really well; it's more a matter of learning exactly what some of the tools do, and what tools he uses to get the effects/results that he does.

Awarded:

Borannus wrote:
GiMP works really well; it's more a matter of learning exactly what some of the tools do, and what tools he uses to get the effects/results that he does.

there in lies the problem.... what one tool does in photoshop might be something totally different in gimp thats y i suggested the youtube tutorials Happy

I've made a project on GiMP myself and it was displayed on an art gallery. It's not a hard program to learn on your own but I definitely prefer Photoshop. Not many college courses teach GiMP unfortunately.

Awarded:

I've been learning both Gimp and Photoshop/Illustrator. I have to say that, once you get used to it, Photoshop is the better product by far. But, I still use Gimp for some things, slowly weaning myself off of it.

I spent 4hrs. yesterday learning some of the functions in Photoshop that I knew in Gimp, and finished my Fleet signature - with some tweaks. There is a learning curve involved with Photoshop and features that go beyond what most people would use. It is an expensive product for those that are doing serious modding to the graphics they produce. But, for those that are into graphic design, Adobe excels in producing products that go beyond doing the job well. And as Shack told me, Magic Wand is your friend!

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Fleet Insignia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: