View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elthiar
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: new trait system.....small grumble and gripe....

So I logged on last night after Season 9 went live just to look around and see all the new shiny.  The first dialog box popped up to say all my traits had been wiped and to pick them again.  Ok, no big deal, until I open the traits window....

Traits photo traits.jpg

all the Reputation Tier bonuses have been redone to be slotted.  And you can only slot 4 at a time.  I can't have all my Tier bonuses that I worked up the Tiers to get active at the same time.  grumble grumble grumble.  The good news is you can change them out in normal space, you don't have to get a respec to change out the Rep bonuses, not sure why the change though.

Did I miss where the bonuses were too powerful when they were all on at once? Just me grumbling about the new shiny, though I swear I could feel the missing bonuses when I went through the Surface Tension mission today.

From my understanding after engaging the "we don't like change" ..."things" in the pvp channel, the changes are do to people complaining about overpowered pvpers and placates when all the bonuses are stacked together.

I myself dislike the new system as well but that's the only part of this update I find to be rather bleh. It does however make you think before activating certain abilities.

Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Yeah what Ryo said, but to compensate for only having 4 passive at any given time nearly every single passive was powered up to compensate. The patch notes for season 9 has a full list of what they did to each power

I also don't like changes, and I don't like this change. Now, after completing Dyson and (almost) completing Omega getting any more traits becomes conterproductive.

I actually like the change the more I think about it.  There were a few Rep traits that when stacked with each other were kinda ridiculous when it came to the PvP side of things.

I agree with Huck on this, but at the same time it has me really not caring about grinding the rep system as the largest benefit in my opinion has been removed. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: