View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Speed
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: Did Season 9 change the Borg weapon remodulator?

Before Season 9, I would run Borg missions using both the Omega phaser rifle and Adapted KDF pulsewave rifle.  When the Borg would adapt to one, I would switch to the other if I didn't have time to remodulate, and then keep using the second weapon until that too needed to be remodulated.  Now with Season 9, as soon as one weapon is adapted, when I switch to the next the Borg have already adapted - so essentially I can only use one beam weapon before I have to remodulate.  I've even tried remodulating both weapons out of combat, and once in combat I still can only use one before they adapt to both.  Has anyone else noticed this?

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

When you say Omega Phaser rifle, do you mean the MACO one or the actually Omega Anti-proton "sub-gun"?  If you meant MACO, then it sounds like they just fixed a bug since both are phaser type weapons.  The Borg adapt to the energy type.  That's why if you run a group with everyone running phasers or a certain energy type you always have to adapt sooner then if everyone was running different ones.

I've not played any of the STF grounds though in a long time however.  I got all my Mk XII gear back when you had to be hardcore and run them over and over to get lucky for a drop.

Awarded:

Huckabee40 wrote:

The Borg adapt to the energy type.  That's why if you run a group with everyone running phasers or a certain energy type you always have to adapt sooner then if everyone was running different ones.

I thought they changed this a while back in the fact that its each individual group member they adapt to, meaning even if two people are running the same energy type each person's is adapted to separately cause I've never had the problem of being adapted to quickly when more then one person is using the same type.

They might have for all I know.  Like I said I've not really ran Borg ground groups since before the the Reputations systems came about.  Times I've done Defera I wasn't grouped up.

Awarded:

I was using the MACO Phaser Battle Rifle, and the Adapted (i.e. KHG) Pulsewave rifle - both from the Mk XII reputation sets.  I never noticed this before, even when playing Borg PVE ground missions with other players using the same energy types.  Maybe it was a bug that finally got fixed.  Now I'm back to using the Phaser rifle and a sword.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: