Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Group 7 Galactic [G7G]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christian M. Hanson
Tactical - Rear Admiral

Awarded:

re: Suggested Callsign designators

Even though pilots will have their own callsigns, I believe that during large fleet operations we will want to attach specific callsigns to ships performing specific tasks. Since pilots can trade ships, borrow ships, and steal ships,  a fleet members role can change from week to week, depending on what is needed for the specific op. To cut down on confusion I came up with a partial list.

Looking Glass - This callsign would be assigned to the advanced radar platform feeding data to the Command & Control (C&C) ship (i.e. the Hornet "Tracker" pilot).

CAG (Commander Air Group) - This callsign would be assigned to the person coordinating ships from the C&C ship

GALACTIC 1 - This callsign would be assigned to the CEO as a single pilot or assigned to any vessel transporting the current CEO.

MED 1 - This callsign would be reserved for the designated Medical Ship

(A callout to Med Group would indicate you are communicating to all Medical Ships)

Marine 1 - This callsign would assigned to the primary assault team commander

Hercules 1 - This callsign would reserved for the lead transport ship (i.e. the person overseeing all transports in a convoy) (a call to "Hercules Group" would indicate that you are communicating to all freighters)

Shadow 1 - This callsign would be assigned to the lead Stealth Fighter (i.e. Hornet "Ghost")

(a call to "Shadow Group" would indicate you are communicating to all stealth fighters)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: